An Anime for Superhero Nerds

An Anime for Superhero Nerds

Once Captain America and Iron Man said their goodbyes in Avengers: Endgame, a void was created

23
An Anime for Superhero Nerds
https://unsplash.com/photos/ZSE5vGldTPs?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditShareLink

Ever since I was a little kid, superheroes have been a constant in my life. The first memory I have of seeing a movie in theaters was when Toby McGuire created the perfect mold of what Spiderman should be. After that, late-night movie premiers and many trips to the comic bookstore became a part of my lifestyle. As I got older, other interests showed up as well, like Anime.

It was my sister who introduced me to the world of Studio Ghibli and Japanese animation. I was enamored by the beautiful worlds that Hayao Miyazaki created and the fun and relatable characters that were featured in his movies.

Once Captain America and Iron Man said their goodbyes in Avengers: Endgame – as dramatic as it sounds – a void was created. I had no television show to obsess over, no movie to look forward to. It was after a random click on a television show when I found my new favorite go-to show, My Hero Academia.

For someone who loves superheroes, beautiful animation, and fun characters to get attached to, this show was the perfect choice for me, and I found it by accident!

My Hero Academia is an Anime and Manga about a group of high school students with uncanny and sometimes off-the-wall abilities. The show focuses on the main character, Izuku Midoriya, a powerless, hero fanboy who wants nothing more than to be the greatest superhero ever!

The show is a beautiful collection of funny moments, action-packed episodes, and meaningful moments that anyone can relate to. If you are someone who loves superheroes, loves animation, and is finding another show to get hooked on, My Hero Academia is the show for you. You can currently watch and catch up on the current season on Hulu and watch the movies that work in tandem with the show on Amazon.

And as my favorite character in the show says,

"Go beyond! Plus Ultra!"