Cats holding knives and looking sinister. “Animals” is not a family-friendly show about talking animals. There will not be any Eddie Murphy in front of a green screen pretending to talk to a cute dog. The creators, Phil Matarese, Mike Luciano and executive producer Mark Duplass of Duplass Brothers Prods, take talking animals to a new level of humor. In the sewers, patios, vents, apartments and streets of New York City, we get a closer look at the happy lives of these creatures.
1. When a stranger approaches, respond with, “No espeakque Espanol.”
2. Catcalling caterpillars are a thing.
3. Understand why moths are attracted to the light.
4. I definitely do not want to meet a buff pigeon.
5. Pigeons laying golf balls as eggs is strange, but certainly funny.
6. I bet you didn't know that mice have their own radio talk shows.
7. Thank the plate guy at the party.
8. Take a look at the extravagant life of lice.
9. City horses have things to talk about too.
10. Mice getting ready to party.
If you have not heard or seen "Animals" yet. Head on to HBO Go and watch it online now.