Andy Walker Thinks Celtic's Gap to Rangers Will Get Bigger

1

Sky Sports' Andy Walker predicts Celtic will retain their nine point lead over Rangers this season and believes the Hoops' purchasing power will make it difficult for their rivals to close the gap in 2019.

Michael Beale has been warned that his rebuilding plans must be carefully considered if he hopes to make progress at Ibrox. And the new manager believes the loss at Hampden on Sunday will serve as a wake-up call.

1. Celtic have a nine point lead

Celtic are on track to repeat as Premiership champions under Ange Postecoglou. They hold a nine-point lead over Rangers and have won four out of their last five league matches, putting them nine points clear at the top.

Their nine point lead over their rivals is an excellent illustration of how they can maintain a title challenge going into the final stretch of the season. They have scored 78 goals in 25 games so far this season and boast an impressive defensive record.

They are on a 12-game winning streak in the league and haven't lost at home under Postecoglou. Although their focus will be on the Scottish Cup, they remain well placed to win the Premiership and avoid relegation.

Celtic put up a fierce fight against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park, but ultimately came out on top. Kyogo Furuhashi and Reo Hatate each scored braces as the Hoops kept their nine point lead intact with a 4-1 triumph.

2. They have won three out of four domestic trophies

Celtic have enjoyed great success in recent years, winning three out of four domestic trophies consecutively - including the Scottish Premiership.

In their 134 year history, the Hoops have won 52 league titles - making them one of Scotland's most successful teams. Furthermore, they've won three out of five cup finals and even qualified for the European cup in 1967.

Celtic have achieved incredible results this season, cementing themselves as one of the most exciting clubs worldwide. It comes as no surprise that they boast such a passionate following at Parkhead.

At this moment, Liverpool FC are on track to becoming the first team ever to win a domestic treble - an achievement which no other team in history will likely match. It will be an incredible milestone that no other side can match.

Ange Postecoglou's success at Celtic is truly a tribute to his efforts. He has brought us much joy, which will remain for ever.

Info: koora4live

3. They have a strong squad

Celtic have built an impressive squad through the years, developing talent such as Callum McGregor and Reo Hatate into world class players; plus they attract future stars like Liel Abada who is set to make them even greater.

Celtic have the advantage of having a team capable of competing in every competition, something Rangers cannot match. Therefore, Celtic must find a way to do that if they hope to take home the league title.

Ange Postecoglou has named a strong team for tonight's Scottish Cup match against Motherwell. After rotating at the weekend, he has brought back several key names like Josip Juranovic, Greg Taylor and Liel Abada; plus Benjamin Siegrist makes an unexpected start - much to the delight of Motherwell fans!

4. They have a strong manager

Celtic boast an impressive squad, as well as a formidable manager in Ange Postecoglou. In his first season at the helm, he led them to victory in the league title and earned himself both PFA Scotland Manager of the Year and Scottish Football Writers awards.

Gerrard has led Rangers back to the top of the Scottish Premiership, but his performance in European competitions hasn't always been praised.

Celtic, however, boast a much greater talent pool than Gerrard has available to them. They are an attack-minded squad that can play with some freedom but also turn ruthless when needed. Celtic truly have it all.

They can create chances in the opposition half and when they are on the front foot. That has proved a crucial asset this season, making life much tougher for Gerrard.

In spite of all this, there still exists the Old Firm rivalry. It's a bittersweet one that does not always reflect well on Scotland as a whole; yet its intensity still serves to fuel this bittersweet competition.

Source: koralive