An Open Letter To My Father

An Open Letter To My Father

I will always be your little girl.

8
An Open Letter To My Father
Nadia Clark

Always and Forever your Little Girl

Dear Dad,

First, I love you. I know I don’t say it or show it as much as I should. But I love you with all my heart. You have been there for me since day one. You have never turned your back on me when I was upset and I was giving up. You knew how to make me feel better. And you still do. You never want me go through a bad day.

Second, Thank you for putting up with my crazy self. For being patient in the car when I blast music and sing as loud as I can to try to have you join in. For taking me out on ice cream runs at 10:00pm. Thank you for being my hero. For being someone I always look up to. You are someone who never shows fear. You never think twice and go with your gut. I want to thank you for teaching me from wrong and right. Thank you for teaching me how to be a strong and independent women. To stand up for myself. Thanks for never looking at me as just a person, but looking at me as your daughter.

Third, I also want to apologize for being a pain in the ass. For always picking a fight with you, for not giving you as much love as you do to me. For walking away when you just want a simple “love you,” for the countless times I’ve rebelled and thrown your trust in the dirt. But you kept loving me anyway. You are that man you have always been-- never giving up and loving others around you.

I have been your little girl and as I am getting older, I will always and forever be your little girl. When I am married, I will have a man in my life that loves me and treats me well. But I will love you even more because you are, and always will be, the number one man in my life.

I am where I am now because of you. I wouldn’t be where I am now if you didn’t push me everyday, if you didn’t give me hour lectures at the dinner table. I am here now because you taught me to believe, and to believe in myself. You have not just impacted and changed my life for the greater, you have changed and touched many others in your life. You haven’t stopped loving. And that is why I am the person I am today because of you.

I know you want to see me achieve in life, to be happy in where I am. I know you worry because you don’t like to see me upset. I know you toss and turn every night because you want to know how I am doing at school. That is who you are and I am the luckest girl to have such a kind hearted father as you are. I love you dad. No matter how far I am from home, I will always love you. Thank you for being my dad!!

Love,

Your Little Girl