A Thank You Letter To My Big Sister

A Thank You Letter To My Big Sister

Thank you for making me the person I am today.

2150
A Thank You Letter To My Big Sister
Elijah White

Dear Big Sis,

Thank you for always being there for me, ever since I was born. I know that no matter what has happened between us or what is going on, I can always count on you to be there for me. No matter what the time is or where I am, I know that you are just a call, text, or drive away. We've been there for each other through everything, and I mean through everything. We have been through hell and back, and you held my hand the whole way.

Thank you for being my partner in crime. We always know how to bring the life to the party. We can cut up, and it seems that we always know what buttons to push on Momma and Daddy. We always know just what to say to each other and others to make their day better. We try to make people happy, because we know that no one deserves to be down.

Thank you for always helping with my problems. I know that being a teenager comes with several problems that may not seem like huge issues, but they are at the time. And since you're older than me, I know that you are the person to ask about those issues since you have quite a bit of experience with them. Even if it was just something about if my outfit looked too dorky or if it was trigonometry, I knew that you'd have the answer (or you knew someone who would).

Thank you for always having faith in me. When I said that I wanted to go a state school three hours away, you told me to follow my dreams. When I said that I got a gig with writing, you told me that you were so excited and had faith that I would do fantastic. You have always told me to do what I want as long as it made me happy, and I believe that is the best advice that anyone has given me.

Thank you for just being my sister. That's a tougher job than it may seem. You have to look out for me, which is tough. I know sometimes I can be seen as that annoying younger brother, but most of the time we get along. We have our ups and our downs, but I know that you will be here for me no matter what. And vice versa, I will be there for you when you need me. Although, I'm pretty sure that you can take care of yourself by now. I just wanted to thank you because I don't say it enough. And you deserve my gratitude for being the best sister in the whole damn world.