To The High School Senior Approaching The Last Days, Don't Hold Back

The time has finally come - senior year.

7298
Personal Photo

Here you are, senior year.

This year will go by faster than you could ever imagine, make sure you take in every single moment. Of course, college is so fun, but you will be there soon enough. Don’t waste away your senior year just looking forward to the future.

Truly live and emerge yourself into every single moment High School has to offer.

Friday Night Lights will never be the same.

When your last high school football game comes, really take it all in. This is the last time your whole hometown will be cheering on all your best friends. Obviously, in college you get excited for your school's football team, but the feeling of actually knowing the players is simply indescribable.

There is something special about feeling joy not only for the team, but for the player himself. In college you cheer for your school, but in high school you cheer for your friends.

Every day, when you walk into high school, don’t complain about it.

It's such a comforting feeling to walk into a building and be familiar with every face you see. High school is truly a time to create some of your best memories that you will cherish forever.

I understand the constant cycle of your daily routine gets old, but I promise one day you'll give anything to relive a day at that school. Walk down those halls and dont care about anything, just have fun. All the drama that seems to be the end of the world right now will mean nothing in a few months, so dont get caught up in it.

I cannot stress this enough–say yes to every adventure that comes your way.

Create as many memories with all your best friends while you still can. In less than one short year, you will all go your separate ways, so enjoy every second spent together. Roll down the windows in your car and jam out to your favorite songs. Have sleepovers and stay up all night talking about nothing but everything all at once.

Don't allow a boy to get in the way of any friendships, after all, high school is about finding your bridesmaids, not your husband. Allow yourself to let loose and go out and have fun, some of the best stories come from rebellious nights with your best friends. Start to write down moments you never want to forget and take lots and lots of pictures – in ten years you will want those to look back on.

Make sure to enjoy the moments you don’t even realize you're going to miss.

It is so easy to take advantage of daily rituals. When you go away next year you'll learn to appreciate a hug from your mom – because no one gives better hugs than your own mother. With that being said, hug your family every chance you get. Let your parents know that not only do you love them, but you appreciate them.

Spend time with your siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Family is so important and you need to make time for them while you're still home. No matter what you say right now, you will miss them next year.

As the year winds down and prom comes around, find the perfect dress that you feel beautiful in.

Go with someone you are comfortable around and will have fun with. This is one of the last times you will be with all your friends in high school, so make it amazing. Take as many pictures as you can and enjoy every single second of it. I mean that, every single second. Dance the night away and enjoy yourself at the post-prom event. The next morning go with your prom group to breakfast and laugh about all the events of the night before.

Finally, at graduation look around – see all the faces.

There is a good chance that most of the people you have grown up with you will never see again. You are about to start the next chapter of your life, and although you may be ready, you will always hold a special place for your high school memories. After graduation, hug your friends, tell all your favorite teachers you appreciate them, thank your parents, make this a happy ending. It is okay to cry, but be thankful you care enough to cry.

As you head off to college, be sure to stay in touch with the people closest to you. Never allow yourself to forget them because after all, they helped shape you into the person you have become.