An Open Letter To The Sexual Aggressor

An Open Letter To The Sexual Aggressor

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.

82
An Open Letter To The Sexual Aggressor
Wikipedia

Dear Loser,

You are not much of a person. Since, in fact, you decided you thought it would be cool to sexually assault someone. I’m not quite sure who taught you manners, or why you never chose to practice them, but read this with an open mind: “No means no.” Yep, I said it! No to drunken sex, no to sticking your hands down someone’s pants, and finally no to anything when a person doesn’t give you consent. Let me remind you drunken sex is not consented sex.

Do you realize how disgusting you are? There are not many more instances where I can imagine someone being absolute scum of the earth, but you definitely top the list! No, you don’t get an award, so don’t feel flattered, if anything, society would wish jail time as a proper reward. We could only hope then, you won’t drop the soap, because sexual violence is not a joke.

I’m certain there is someone out there that has committed the crime, or even been a victim to sexual violence currently reading this. I would imagine that the aggressor has probably already closed out the article because they have a hard time being rejected. But if you happen to be the aggressor and are still intrigued, you have time to change!

The first step to recovery for anyone is facing the problem. Come clean about what you did, apologize, and offer your best wishes. If you are currently in litigation over the matter, plead guilty, serve your time, and reintegrate back into society. While you are determining your best course of action, I am just going to be over here standing up for the oppressed, the voiceless, innocent people you chose to attack. If anyone deserves an answer or recognition it is those who have suffered from the silent ramifications of this crime.

Sexual violence should never be deemed OK. If we stand together against the violent aggressors, we can spread awareness and teach many men and women the signs, statistics, and safety techniques to reduce the chances of becoming victim to this crime. Although some people fall victim to this crime without a warning, just know you are not alone, and together we can create a safer world.

April is recognized as “Sexual Assault Awareness Month” and together we can create a difference in this world. Together we can each start new chapters in our lives, but for others, let offenders and victims alike know that for every action there is a reaction. Let the world know where you stand on this issue, and tell your friends and family that you are serious about change. Now is the time to start the conversations with those around you, to inspire someone to stand up for the oppressed. Often too many times the victims sit in silence and we should always be a voice for those who feel defeated.

If you or someone you know has been a victim or aggressor to this matter, go to the police. Tell someone that can make a difference, or seek someone who can tell you what you need to do, to ensure this never happens again.

If you need help now and don’t know who to turn to please contact RAINN or Rape Abuse Incest National Network. This organization offers a free 24/7 hotline for people that are victims to crimes, and can put you on a path of clarity. The telephone hotline can be reached by dialing 1-800-656-4673. This charity is free and here to help those who feel helpless.

Create awareness, because your life and others' are far too valuable to sit idle because of a criminal. Together we can create a difference among our communities, college campuses, workplaces, and the world. Just say no to sexual violence; it's time to break the silence.