An Open Letter to the Person Who Loves Me, Despite My Anxiety

Thank you, for being you

352

I write this because I know it's hard to deal with me; not because I'm difficult as a person, but because my mental health has made it difficult for me to love and be loved. My ways of showing affection are much different than the average person's. I'm known to push you away, and sometimes that makes you sad. And I want to apologize. But please know that that it's not entirely my fault, and I'm trying as hard as I can to prove that despite my struggles, I'm still worth your time. Thank you for being patient with me. From holding me when I cry to little messages of encouragement, your endurance by my side through whatever I'm going through blows my mind. Most people would leave, but not you. You have stayed, and stayed again, and still stay, with your feet rooted right next to me - wherever I am.

Thank you for listening to me. It gets tedious repeating the same struggles and worries over and over, so I can only imagine how it must feel to hear them the same number of times. Yet, with each time, you listen like it's the first time it's hit your ears. You constantly push me to be a better person, a happier person. I appreciate how no matter what, you always continue to fight for me afterwards. Like nothing I can do will push you away too far.

Just know that I appreciate you. Even though I'm terrible at communicating the way I truly feel, there is nothing in this world more important to me than you and the endless support you give to me. No words could thank you enough, even if I shaped sentences into paragraphs for the rest of my life.

There is not a day where your actions towards me go unnoticed - even if I don't acknowledge them. I see how you love, care, and support me; even when I don't want to admit that I need someone to help me do something.

I appreciate you, I love you, and I truly don't deserve someone as wonderful as you.

Love,

me.