An Open Letter To The Person I Was Missing All My Life

A thank you and reminder to the person who continues to change your life for the better.

296

In our lifetime, we have met many different types of people. Some people were the ones who we said hi and bye to. Some people were the ones that we used to be close with and started to drift away from. Some people are the ones that stick around for everything, the ones whom we can depend on. Then there is the person you meet later onto life and wonder where he/she has been all your life. You've have all these great and amazing friends in your life blessing you with different types of personalities surrounding you, but this one person, is what completes what you and your circle of life. This person is the one that seems so similar to you, yet different at the same time. What you do not have is what they have. Even if you met this person the latest out of everyone in your group, everyone around you is convinced that you guys have been close since forever. Between you two, it feels like you've known each other forever.

To this person in my life...

Thank you for completing the circle of life around me.

You've opened my eyes up to see a world in a different perspective that I thought I would never see. Meeting you was ultimately coming up for air in life. You brought another side of the world to see me, that even with the bad, there was the good. You've brought another unique personality into my life whenever I am around you. You and who you are was what I needed in my life.

Thank you for letting me see the weak in you.

As humans, we tend to hide our vulnerability from others. We hide behind our smiles and emotions because when we show our weaknesses, it's like stripping our identity in front of others. You've shown me the worst of you when life gets into the way, and that has not changed who I see you as since the day I met you. If anything, it's made me look up to you. You're strong. You are an inspiration to not only me, but the people in your life. You show that it's OK to fall down when you don't want to. It's OK when life does not go the way you want it to; you will find a way to pull through if you put your mindset to it. Seeing an important person life you in my life go through what you need to go through to be who you are at this moment has shown me how it hurts to see the ones you love hurt. You've shown me how to be strong for myself and for the ones who care about me.

As much as I hate it sometimes, I am blessed by your honesty. You tell me to pick myself up when I am at my worst.

Damn, thanks for being my personal stylist and telling me what to wear to those days we go out. Whether it is me sending you pictures of what to post on social media or me coming to you for advice about something big in my life, I can always count on you to not sugar coat anything you tell me. You know what I do not want to hear, but you also know what I need to hear. It's so easy to tell the ones you care about what they want to hear or something that isn't the complete truth because you do not want to hurt their feelings, but with you, it's different. You know that it is important for me to know the truth and that I will come around when I let the truth sit with me. And most importantly, I know that you will be with me when I struggle with facing the truth.

Thank you for going on an adventure with me.

This includes the places that we go to every time we discover a new place on our bucket list. Thank you for living life with me as if it's our last day alive. Thank you for showing me that life is filled with too much to not enjoy every moment we have. But lastly, thank you for going on a life adventure with me, filled with ups and downs. You came into my life at one of the most important milestones. You've seen me through a lot so far, and of course there is many more stages of life I have to endure, but I know you will be with through this adventure. Together, we are on an adventure in pursuing happiness and success in life, despite the obstacles in front of us. So thank you for walking with me on this adventure.

So, to this person in my life, there are a bunch of things I would like to say to you, thank you for, and remind you of everyday, but if I ever did, it would be an infinite number of things to say. First off, I want you to know my gratefulness is expressed with so much love. I want to remind you that as much as you remind what I am worth, you are an important person, not only to me, but all the people in your life. You bring a sense of life into other's lives. Continue to be you, and continue to be the star that shines everywhere you go. And please, continue to be the person that has been missing all my life.