An Open Letter To The People I've Lost Touch With

Spoiler: I miss you a lot.

51
http://bit.ly/1NDDJyn

First of all, I'm so sorry I don't put in as much effort as I should. That's my fault. Intentionally keeping up with people who I'm not directly surrounded by has always been a weakness of mine, so please don't take it personally.

But that doesn't change the fact that I miss you a lot.

Despite how little I text you sometimes, I think about you a lot more. Occasionally something that my friends will say or do will trigger a memory from when we were together. Or I'll hear a song that reminds me of a certain day we spent together. Then I'll make a mental note to text you later but never do. But I promise, I think about you all the time.

By the way, I probably talk about you way too much. To the point where some of my friends roll their eyes the moment I launch into the same story I've told a thousand times before.

Please don't let our lack of communication have any significance to you about how I feel about you now. I value our friendship so much and I don't know what I'd do without you. Or even more so, what I would've done without you in the moments we met.

I've been lucky in the sense that some of the most important people in my life come during the moments when I'm the most lonely. Most of you were an answer to desperate prayers, so I promise you, I don't take our friendship lightly.

I don't know if it's the time zones (which are really not a big deal) or if I'm just scared we'll have nothing to talk about (which is a ridiculous fear), but I'm just terrible at keeping up with people. I always have been. I guess I just wish we could spend hours hanging out together like we used to, but we can't.

But I'm grateful for you and that you're slightly better at keeping in touch than I am otherwise we'd be screwed. If you text me and I take a while to respond, it's usually just because I want to give you my full attention and I can't give it to you right then. But know I appreciate your texts and they put a smile on my face every time.

None of these are good excuses, I just felt that you deserved an explanation. I love you a lot and our time apart hasn't changed that. I can't wait for us to be reunited in person, but until then this will have to do.

I miss you!

Sincerely,

Micayla