An Open Letter To The Most Important Woman In My Life

To the woman who gave me everything, when I had nothing.

50
Rachel Bolt

Mom,

I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me. You already had to raise two boys, and then you chose to adopt me and raise me. I know I have been extremely difficult at times, and I am deeply sorry.

I know that I have had some very questionable friends, and boyfriends, but you have always stood by my side and supported me through each and every relationship.

Thank you for letting me play every sport I wanted to, even though I didn't choose the one you wanted.

Thank you for sharing difficult stories of your past, so that I could learn to be thankful for my life.

Thank you for going through absolutely everything with me and making sure that through everything, I was okay.

Thank you for spending what little money you may have had at any given moment on buying me new clothes, food and gifts.

Thank you for comforting me, even when I was getting into loads of trouble.

Thank you for taking me on vacations so that I could have many fun experiences, even when we weren't sure we had enough money.

Thank you for always buying me a dress for each and every dance.

Thank you for letting me transfer schools, so that I could start over when I needed to.

Thank you for taking care of my dog while I am away at school.

Thank you for telling me every morning when you dropped me off at school that "It wouldn't be a good day, if it wasn't a Godly day. You may be the only Jesus people see today."

Thank you for always loving me for who I am and letting me go to college 6 hours farther than you wanted me to be.

Being away at college has brought a lot of hard times, especially since yesterday was your birthday and I am not there to skip school and go shopping like we do every year. Happy Birthday, I love you.

xoxo

Love,

Your favorite daughter, Rachel