An Open Letter To The Man Who Came When I Stopped Looking

You are my soulmate.

953
pxhere

It was funny meeting you, because never before had I been so awe struck about a random stranger. I turned to my best friend and asked who you were, determined to search for an oppertunity to meet you some day. By nature, I tell my best friend the next time we’re in the same room and she tells me to let you know she says hello. I’m hesitant at first, but then think about how amazing it would be to hold a conversation with you.

I strike a conversation with you and manage to push through my nerves and even achieve a few giggles. I’m shaking, sweating, trying my hardest not to mess up my words. You’re so good looking, and smooth, and genuinely kind. Everyone else in the room disappears and I can’t stop focusing on you. You’re almost too good to be true.

I wasn’t looking for love, and you were fresh out of a relationship. Neither of us were exactly searching for a happy ending. However, we exchanged Snapchats and phone numbers anyway. We talked, and talked, and talked. We asked questions, and stayed up all night keeping each other company because falling asleep and not talking was just unacceptable. In the moment, I was euphoric.

Deep down I was scared, and constantly worrying. Was it too good to be true? Were you going to just snap one day and be someone completely different? Days went by, we started spending more time together. The euphoric feeling never left. You were so kind to me, and so good. It felt good to find someone who hated fighting as much as I do. I never wanted this feeling to go away.

You put up with my depressive episodes. You didn’t judge me for my mishaps, mistakes, or any of my flaws. You genuinely loved me and made me feel I’m worth something on this big old planet. You made me feel warm and welcomed. I felt like no matter what I went through, as long as I had you to come back too I could get through it and perservere.

I was scared for nothing, because you haven’t disappointed and I’m so confident that you never will. You are my soulmate. So I just want to thank you for everything you do, and are going to do in the future. I needed you and all the genuine love you have to give in my life and I will always feel like the luckiest girl in the world with you by my side. Thank you so, so much. I love you.