An Open Letter To The Friend That Stayed

Heres to you, heres to me, heres to forever

1401
Personal

I want to start off by saying thank you, thank you for never leaving even when times got tough. Thank you for sticking with me, when anyone else would have left. You've shown me what a true friendship is, one that can stand the test of time and distance without faltering. You love me for who I am, I don't have to pretend to be something that I'm not with you and that means more to me than you will ever know. I can't put into words how much you mean to me, but I'm going to try.

For years, you've been the person I could run to with any problem, no matter how big or small. You've been by my side through every major event, whether you were cheering me on or picking me back up when I had fallen. You've never left me, and that's something that I will be forever grateful for.

I've always been told that the best friendships are the ones that you don't have to work for, the effortless ones, and with you I know that's true. We can go weeks without talking, but as soon as we pick back up, it's like nothing has changed at all. Distance and crazy schedules may keep us apart more than we would like, but it hasn't changed a thing for us.

Our crazy adventures are memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life, whether it's one of the many vacations we've been on together, or simply sitting in your basement binge watching Orange Is The New Black. We never fail to have a good time when we're together.

We might be in completely different places in our lives right now, but that doesn't stop us from sticking together. We're still as thick as ever. You'll always be my other half, that's something that no one else could ever replace. You know me better than I know myself most of the time. I know I can trust you with anything going on in my life, and I can trust you to be brutally honest with me even when the truth hurts, that's always been your specialty.

Wherever you are in life, I hope this finds you well. I know that soon we'll be reunited, and I can't wait for that.

I love you to Pluto and Back. #RatchetSquadForever

"That's when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you- the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you- because that is what people are supposed to do." - r.j.l