An Open Letter to the Best Father a Girl Could Ask For

34

Dad,

You are the one who has shown me so much over the years. Between your lectures about boys, safe driving, and the importance of not injuring my knee (again) at the gym, you're pretty cool. I don't know if you realize that, but I see it everyday, and I want you to know it.

As a father of five kids, you have worked extremely hard over the years to give us a wonderful life. You have always made decisions in our best interests, even when we didn't like it, and I hope you know it doesn't go unnoticed.

The last two years, especially as we have all been growing older, you have put an emphasis on family time, and I love it. Tennis, bowling, bike rides on the trail, long car rides, ice cream, and going out to eat are just a few of the great times I can think of. Even if we aren't all doing something together, you and I always have our Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, or The Office Netflix binge watching sessions.

One thing I can say that we all love watching you do is taking pride in all your house projects. It definitely is a lot of work, but I can say that we all love the look on your face when you get to show off your newest piece of work. We also love the jokes between us all saying that it looks like something you'd buy from a store...Step Brothers joke for anyone wondering.

Point is dad, you're amazing! We learn so much from you everyday, and I look forward to everything we get to learn from you in the future.