An Open Letter To PC '16

An Open Letter To PC '16

We are so excited to have y'all here!
13

Dear Pledge Class 2016,

I can't begin to tell you guys how excited my sisters and I are to have had y'all run home to us on bid day. Recruitment was stressful for y'all, and it most defiantly was stressful for us too, but we all know hard work pays off and that's why we got you guys! PC '16, I am already in love. I love how much laughter I've heard already and all the smiles I see when I walk into the chapter room. I love all of the new friendships that have already been made because of recruitment and bid day. I'm so excited to be able to share this amazing sisterhood with every one of you. I've never wanted to meet so many new people before in my life until bid day, and my heart is full because I got to meet so many of you guys. I hope y'all are ready for the many things that come with being in a sorority. Big and little reveal, intramural games, tailgates, the endless meetings, the midnight heart to hearts, the list goes on and on.

Participation is key and that might be the golden rule. Come to the house, introduce yourself, we want to meet you! I remember my new member period and it was so much fun because I got to meet and know the older sisters, and now they are some of my best friends. I painted sheet signs, went to swaps, studied with older sisters, and they are some of my best memories. Join an intramural team! Playing flag football with my new sisters and looking into the stands and seeing more of them cheering us on was always the best feeling. Go to swaps, tailgates, and socials. They're always so much fun and it's a great way to get to know the other sisters and whoever else we are with!

Get to know the girls around you also, your pledge class is your squad for the new member period. These girls are your originals and they are going through the same things you probably are going through. The first week of college, yep. Finding classes, yep. Recruitment week, yep. It's my second year and I still find myself clinging to my pledge class for a heavy heart to heart and for late night ice and snack runs. These girls will go through a lot with you and there will always be someone there for you in any circumstance. You guys pledged the same sorority! You have to find something in common with at least one girl, and bam! An instant friend.

PC '16, I'm ecstatic to call you ours. I can't wait for all of the fun we are all going to have and all of the memories we are going to make this year. Speaking for my chapter, I can say we are all so glad you picked us. We love you all so much already and can't wait to get y'all ready for PC '17.

Much love always,

Your new, favorite, older, sister.