An Open Letter To Someone Special

An Open Letter To Someone Special

Inspired by my love for '80s romantic comedies.

41671
An Open Letter To Someone Special
ScreenCrush.com

Dear Someone Special,

I feel like the first thing I should say is I love you because I do. There is no doubt about that. I know I may say it a lot and bet you’re tired of hearing it. I simply don’t want you to go a day feeling unloved or questioning my feelings for you. There is still a list of things left unsaid that should be told, so pull up a chair and take a seat because it’s time I lay it all out.

First thing’s first, let me assure you that I know I am difficult. I always know what I want, even if I say I don’t. I just don’t always tell you because I don’t want to sound demanding. I can tell you get aggravated with my passiveness at times and I’m sorry. Right now, for one night and one night only, I will tell you the one thing I always want. I always want to see you trying. I want to be able to see you care about the actions you do. This doesn’t mean you have to stand outside my house with a boombox over your head blasting Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” like in "Say Anything." I mean, that would be cool, but I don’t even know if they make boomboxes anymore and holding a cell phone playing “Sorry” by Justin Bieber doesn’t have the same effect. Through simple and easy actions, I want to see you care.

Second, I know the relationship between the two of us isn’t always perfect. We have rough patches. We have fights. At least once I have hurt you and you have hurt me, but here we are, continuing to move on. I know we both have cracks, but we’re the only ones who can fill each other’s in. People may talk and say that we are no good for each other due to the issues we have, but little do they know that we are not good for anyone else. Stay with me through it all and I promise we will be invincible, even when were 85 and watching "Jeopardy."

Lastly, thank you. Thank you for being so many things to me, including my best friend. You are the first person I contact when I have random thoughts about evolution in the middle of the day. When it’s 3 a.m. and I can’t sleep, I will always contact you because I know you’ll answer. Thank you for always taking care of me when I am ill and for helping rectify my mistakes when I have done wrong. Know I think the world of you because you mean the world to me.

-- Your Special Someone