An Open Letter To My Wedding Dress

An Open Letter To My Wedding Dress

You may of missed one opportunity to walk down an aisle but it certainly wasn’t your last.

277
An Open Letter To My Wedding Dress

From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one. My entire life, I had envisioned what you would look like and there you were, hanging in the window of a little dress boutique. I didn’t know how, but I knew you were the dress I would wear, as my future groom would watch me walk down the aisle.

The day I said yes, my mom and sister were there to join in on the moment. I was in awe the second I looked in the mirror. Emotions poured over me as my dreams were coming true and I had found my dream dress. The fitting of the lace, the cut of the dress and the train that flowed behind, were everything I had imagined and more.

Once I received the call that you were ready and brought you home, I couldn’t wait for the day to wear you once again. I could already envision the exact look I wanted for my day. I had plans for you, many plans and yet, life happens. Things that we don’t plan sometimes happen.

The engagement fell through and so did the dream I had so badly longed for. The moment I unzipped the bag you were in and reality hit, I couldn’t help but cry. I felt as if all that I had wanted was quickly fading away.

Many close to me mentioned letting you go and purchasing a new one of you when that moment arises again in my life. Why did I need a dress for a marriage that wasn’t going to take place? What most don’t understand is that you were my dream, not his.

Two years later, you still sit in the same closet, in the same bag you were purchased in, veil and all. Many tears have been shed over you and yet, I have big plans in store for our future. You may of missed one opportunity to walk down an aisle but it certainly wasn’t your last.