An Open Letter To My College Best Friend, Sarah

Dear Sarah, You're stuck with me now.

20
Teagan Stanley, Sarah Reed

Dear Sarah,

You are my best friend. I know those five words are said way too much, but I want you to know you are special. I will have many friends as circumstances in my life change, but the memories I have with you will never be able to be altered. You have been with me through thick and thin, and vice versa. I cannot imagine my life without you and I honestly do not want to. I know all of these things are really cliché, but they are also true in their own individual way.

When I went to college I did not really know what to expect, but you helped me through it. I knew I had someone to always talk to or go to dining hall with. Our first year at Randolph we were inseparable. Living on the same hall gave us awesome memories. I remember all of the random dance parties in your room, having a marshmallow fight in my room, and even when we were stressed out with our Psychology test and laid down in the hall to calm down. I want you to know that I still remember that a single quick knock on the door meant you were back from class, and I honestly miss that knock.

I know that we have not been as close as last year because we live in different buildings, but I love that we made it work. I love how during the summer we would Skype and FaceTime late at night to talk and catch up for hours. Now that we are back on campus we cannot go a whole day without receiving/sending an “I miss you” text.

I know our past and present have been amazing and I honestly just want to tell you that, no matter what, I know our future will be amazing too. The way I know that is by looking at what we have accomplished together. I remember being a little freshman with you and, while we are still little, we are not freshmen anymore. We still have years to go before we are done, but we know things now. We have had over one year of college under our belt, which is supposed to help us take on the world. However, that is not the most important part to me. The most important part to me is that I have had over one year of friendship with you, which I know can help me take on whatever comes our way.

Sarah, thank you for putting up with me, you are stuck with me now. #SorryNotSorry

Love,

Teagan