An Open Letter To My Best Friend Who's More Like A Sister

I love you and miss you lots.

102
Samantha Blasch

I hope this letter finds you well. I want to tell you something very important:

I miss you.

I know we don't see each other very often anymore, or talk on the phone very much, but I wanted to tell you I miss you.

We spent so much time together growing up, but then we both moved, and that complicated a lot of things.

We weren't able to take pictures to fill up our scrapbooks full of memories that we made when we were really little with the help of your mom.

I miss being able to have sleepovers at your house and helping you torment your siblings.

I miss feeling like your siblings were my siblings and taking "family photos". I miss building cushion forts in your living room, or eating peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches at your kitchen table.

Now, we're in college, and we're both almost finished. We've grown up so much, and we've experienced a lot together, but no matter how far apart we get, we know that we always have each other's back.

Even though you lived far away for a time, you were my rock in an ocean of chaos and I can't thank you enough for being willing to listen to my problems and help me figure out what to do.

I hope that some day I can repay you for the awesome impact you have had on my life and be a rock to you the way you were (and still are) for me.

You believed in me when I didn't believe in myself, told me I could do what I thought was impossible, you called me out when I was full of it, and gave me a push and a swift kick in the butt when I doubted my abilities.

Even though we're not biologically related, you'll always be my soul sister and my person. I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have you around.

Even though we've been living far apart for a long time, I hold you close in my heart. When we come back together after months, or sometimes years, of being apart, everything is still the same and in a time for both of us that is full of uncertainty, I will be forever grateful for your constantly consistent friendship and love.

I hope I can be for you half the person you have been for me.

You are one of the greatest gifts I have ever received and because I don't tell you that enough, I wanted you to know that.

Now, we're about to go out into the real world and be adults (or at least be adult-like, because, let's be honest: we're too crazy to be full-blown adults) and while it's going to be scary, I know that no matter how far we go, no matter what we do, I'll have you.

Thank you for being the crazy, energetic, incredible you that you've always been and will continue to be. Thanks for putting up with me, even when I drive you absolutely nuts. Just... thank you. For absolutely everything.

I'll see you soon.

With love and thanks abundant,

Your best friend/sister