An Open Letter To My Best Friend As We Leave For College

Things to never forget.

22326
Taylor Tincher

The day we have been waiting for is arriving so soon, the emotions are high and the cuddles and time spent together is cherished more and more every day. College-- "the best time of our lives" is about to come and split us apart, as you head down one highway I will be up on another one, and so quickly distance will be the only thing keeping us apart. Though it may seem sad now, there's so much in front of us willing to come, it's time we chase after our dreams.

To my best friend,sitting here I'm realizing that we only have a month and a week left before it's time to go our separate ways. Thinking about it breaks my heart, but when that day comes I can't even imagine how it’s going to go. I'm writing you this letter so when we say our final "goodbyes" or "see ya laters" I won't have to focus on saying all these things to you, because you will already know.

Through, I'm sure you already know this stuff, I'm just going to say it again in case you ever have a day you need to be reassured.

1. Know that saying goodbye to you is going to be one of the most difficult things I will ever have to do.

Seeing how we have not spent more than 5 days apart in a long time. Somehow we are going to have to adjust to FaceTime calls instead.

2. Know that not in any lifetime no one will ever be able to replace you.

No one is like you-- "I'm comin to get ya."

3. I'm always going to be just a phone call away.

Late at night, early in the morning, or 3 am, I'm always going to be here, if you need to vent about homework, boys, or a shady person--you know I'm here.

4. I will always make time for our phone calls.

I can already tell they will be the highlight of my day.

5. Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something, because we both know you are capable of moving mountains.

You're the most determined hard working person I know, and whenever you put your heart and mind into it, there's nothing you're not capable of.

6. Never forget, you're beautiful and you're always worth more than what a drunk college boy ever has to offer.

No explanation needed, you deserve the world.

7. Never change for someone else, you're perfect just the way you are.

You're perfect, everything that comes along with you is what makes you perfect, even your crazy loud Italian family-- Embrace it.

8. Always eat a Krispy Kreme when you see one.

Eat until there's none left. (Don't forget your insulin.)

9. Always keep a bible close and never let your praying knees get lazy.

Jeremiah 29:11

10. Know that I miss you more than I miss eating Krispy Kremes-- while screaming our favorite songs in the car together, late at night.

"If I, should stay." it’s your turn. "I need to sit up for this one.”

11. Perhaps you have had terrible day-- mine has never been bad enough not to talk to you.

There's never too much weight on my shoulders where I won't be able to bare yours also.

12. Remember to "always do you" no matter what the situation is.

"Should I still do me?" Always!

13. Never do anything that I wouldn't do if I was sitting next to you.

"We're in this together Sister--.."

14. Always remember to tell your mom you love her.

You are her sunshine.

15. Never forget, that one day your annoying little brother will be your best friend-- don't forget about him.

When all else fails, he will always be the one man you can always lean on.

16. It's never too late to get Taco Bell.

"Can I get two Doritos Locos Tacos, Add sour cream, no tomatoes. Can I also get Nachos and Cheese and a Baja Blast Freeze that will be all."

17. Always sing as loud as you can whenever Beyoncè or Whitney comes on.

"I gotta sit up for this one." Always sit up, always

18. Always be willing to make new friends, and go out on dates.

If you never try something new-- You'll never know what you're missing out on-- at the end of the day I will always be here to listen and laugh about how that went.

19. Always push yourself to do the best you can, even on your worst days, because one day you are going to be the best Lawyer this world has ever seen.

20. I love you, Sister.

"She's see's all my light, and she loves all my dark"

Until the day where we will see each other again, in our G-Wagons in Chicago going out for a morning cup of coffee, I am just a phone call or a FaceTime date away. I love you more than this world, you're constantly on my mind and forever in my heart. You're going to do amazing things on your own, never be scared to get up in front of a crowd of people and tell them what you stand for. You're a strong, loving, caring, and the most selfless person I have ever had as a friend. The world is yours, go get it Sister.