An Open Letter To My Best Friend, My Person

Penn State won't be the same without you next year.

43

Dear Daulton,

When we first became friends, I instantly knew that you were my person. I knew that we would become close, and we have.

When we initially became friends, we were constantly texting and FaceTiming and aka "spilling the tea." We understood each other and truly accepted one another for who we are. Then, when we first spent the day tailgating together, our bond grew stronger and I knew that our friendship would last beyond our time at Penn State.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and we did become friends for a reason.

I couldn't ask for better memories. The two years that we had together at State were a blast, and there was never a dull moment, especially with you.

There is so much I want to say to you, but I want to keep this short and sweet, so here are my top five.

First, the compassion and kindness that you have shown others has been inspiring. Your positive energy is what attracts others who want to be your friend. You light up a room and people are attracted to your kindness and empathy, which makes them also want to be your friend. You have shown me compassion and kindness when I needed it the most, so thank you for that. You have taught me how it feels to be truly loved unconditionally; I love you too.

Second, thank you for being you. You are always genuine, and never fake. I admire who you are, and the traits and qualities that you embody -- you're loving, selfless, independent, and empathetic. I appreciate our friendship: it has always been open and genuine, which has allowed us to be truly there for each other during times of sadness and also in times of great joy.

Third, you are so deeply loved by so many of your friends, including me. When someone does not show you this kind of love it is not because you aren't enough, it is because they don't know how to love someone as great as you.

Fourth, you are truly a loyal friend. You are my best friend, and I am so grateful to have someone like you in my life. You are my forever friend.

Lastly, I am always here for you, no matter what. You mean the world to me, and I love you.

Congratulations on graduating, I am so excited to see what you will do next.

You are forever, my ride or die.

<3

Xoxo,

Rebekah