An Open Letter To Everyone Who Has Helped Me

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

190
Kaitlyn Marquette

I just want to start out by saying thank you. To those of you reading this, you know who you are. I am so thankful for your being so welcoming to me. You have always done everything you can to invite me to your family events and activities, and to make me feel wanted.

Most of you know about the things that I have went through. I have learned that my past does not define me, and I want to thank each and every one of you that aided me in believing that. I love you all.

To my ex's family: thank you for still being open and welcoming to me. Thank you for always making me feel loved and wanted and apart of the family no matter what. Thank you for always inviting me and including me and cheering me up. Thank you.

To my current boyfriend's family: thank you so much for being open and welcoming to me as well. Thank you for trusting me and helping me out when I needed it, whether it be for myself, or for my brother. Words cannot describe how much that means to me. Thank you for coming to me for help when you need it too. Thank you.

To my stepdad and his family: thank you for raising me to be the person I am today. Thank you for continuing to include me and love me, despite what happened to me, and the time it took me to realize that you've been there for me and loved me all along. I'm so sorry for the period of time I resented you. That was not me. I have always loved you and I have always been thankful for you. I still am, and I would not want anyone else as my family.

And to the rest of my family and friends, I want to thank you, too. You're all about to witness something great, and that is all thanks to your support. I love you all beyond words.