An Open Letter to a Clingy dude

An Open Letter to a Clingy dude

You were way to much for me to handle.

597
An Open Letter to a Clingy dude
Flickr

Dear You,

If you're reading this well... Brace yourself dude. From the title you already know it's about to be real.

I'll never forget how nice you were in the beginning. You always sent me those adorable "Good morning beautiful" text messages which truly made my heart melt. You were so kind, nice and just truly seemed like a perfect fit for me. I felt something for you. You even invited me to the Marine Corps ball! I got a dress and everything.

You did tell me that one thing you like was to talk on the phone, which was one thing I hated doing. You liked it because you liked to hear my voice, which I thought was cute in the beginning.

You wanted to meet up. With my busy work schedule it was definitely hard for me to get away, and I felt bad for always cancelling last minute. I truly did feel awful because one thing I hated doing was cancelling. You were so kind about it and said we could reschedule. I thought "that was sweet." At the time...

About a week later I'd get bombarded with text messages "Where are you" "what are you doing?" "hello?" "Are you sick of me?" and they'd be in paragraphs. Long drawn out paragraphs. Ridiculous amounts of paragraphs. It was like a damn novel. I always keep my phone on silent especially after work because I just don't feel like talking since well, I talk to people all the time, or I was just plain exhausted.

You didn't like that...

You'd get upset and I'd sense it through text message. I remember earlier that week, I had a long night at work and then when I got home I had a major anxiety attack and honestly shut everyone out except one of my best friends. You didn't like that because I said I didn't want to talk on the phone. You ended it by saying "I stayed up for nothing goodnight."

So I thought....

Well after all that happened I decided to do my nightly Facebook ritual of just getting on and looking and sharing a bunch of stuff.

You got mad.

Because I got on Facebook after I said I was going to bed. Dude.... Really? You get mad over that? How freaking childish.

But that wasn't the last straw... This was.

You decided to get mad at me for absolutely no reason because I said I didn't want to date you. When I stopped responding, you got mad. So, my best friend picked up my phone and decided to tell you like it was. And then you had the nerve to call her a bitch.

No freaking more.

I was done at this point. Completely and utterly done. You don't have the right to talk to anyone like that and then talk to me like that? So disrespectful. So I told you how it was and you told me.

I know what y'all are thinking but Taylor Swift is not behind this. But the saying "I knew you were trouble when you walked in" is so true I cry. So to the dude who was way too darn clingy, this is probably why girls stop talking to you after a week.

Thanks for showing me your true colors before we went any farther.

Sincerely,

The girl who was too good for you.