An Open Letter From A Girl Who No Longer Cares Who Becomes President

As long as their presidency isn’t earned through the spread of hate.

3
Flickr- Mike Mozart

I’ve always tried to get into politics -- to learn about and inform myself of the future leaders of our countries, as well as to put my opinion out there and try to make a difference. At first I wanted to try to expose the important topics and situations to the uninformed, but now I realize that all that stuff doesn’t matter. I will definitely get hate for saying this, but debates on things such as gun restrictions, abortion and even environmental issues do not matter.

There are so many different strong opinions out there that it would be close to impossible to get everyone to think the same way. There will always be arguments and heated discussions about these topics, and no real solution will be reached. This is where people will argue my opinion. “But if we make laws regarding who can get guns, then that is a solution.” Let me ask you this, how many criminals buy guns off the street? If we’re trying to prevent criminals from getting guns, it’s impossible. The criminals who are already breaking the law are just going to break it some more.

I feel the same way about the presidential election. Everyone is currently fighting over who is the best suitable candidate. They’re all talking about what each one wants to accomplish or fix, but the only thing on my mind is how they are planning to do so. For example, the current Republican candidate, Donald Trump, plans to build a wall at our southern border and many Americans seem to be on board with this idea. To me, I don’t care if a border is put up or not, I’m just concerned as to how it is put up. Is it the outcome of hate, or is it just a sense of security for the United States?

Like I said in my previous article, “I blame most of the lost of my 'perfect' world on solely hate. The rest of the blame lies with money. It’s a object that can cause people to act careless, foolish and even inhumane. It is the main reason for violence and greed. Most of our wars began because of money, and ended the same way.”

Hate and money are the driving forces. If you have both, or even just one, you’re unstoppable, or in better words, you refuse to be stopped. Typically, presidential candidates have at least one of those, but if they were to substitute the second for a passion for peace and acceptance, or even just simply for everyone to just coexist, a great change can be made in how people choose to connect with others.

To the current Republican and Democratic candidates, I would congratulate either one of you in the success of winning the election and becoming the USA's next president. All I can do is hope that during your presidency, you encourage citizens to take care of one another and spread love and acceptance rather than hate.

No more race discrimination.

No more homophobic hate.

No more labeling a whole race as terrorist.

This all needs to end, and it starts with you.