An Apology Letter To My Mom

An Apology Letter To My Mom

I'm sorry, Mom.

62631
An Apology Letter To My Mom
livescience

Dear Mom,

Over the past few years I’ve come to the realization that the time I spend with family members has become so minimal – in some cases even nonexistent. Nowadays I'm busy hanging out with my friends, studying, working, or just chilling in my room watching Netflix. Being in college and so distant from home, I seem to have forgotten about the people who have gotten me to where I am today. I’ve especially forgotten about the one person who has shaped me into the person I’ve become — you.

Throughout my teenage years, I know I was a handful. I made your life more stressful than it should have been. But I want you to know that all of the backtalk and all of the sass was a mistake. I should have never treated you how I did, and I want to apologize for all of the hurt I’ve caused and all of the pain I’ve put you through because you sure as hell didn’t deserve any of it.

I am sorry for all the times I was stubborn and impossible when I thought I was right. I should have listened to you when you told me that I shouldn’t do something because in the end you were always right and I was always wrong -- usually.

I am sorry for all the times I got annoyed when you made me check in when I was out with friends. I should have been grateful and realized that you care so much about me — enough to want to make sure that I am safe at all times.

I am sorry for the times I chose to hang out with my friends and to participate in other non-important activities over you. I should have realized that you are the only one who will be by my side until the day I die and you should always come before everyone and everything else.

I am sorry for all the times I didn’t do what you told me to do right when you told me to do it. I should have immediately done everything you ask me to do because now I know that when you said “now” you said it for a reason.

I am sorry for the times that I let you down. You are my number one supporter and you put all of your faith in me. I should have tried harder because I know that you just want what’s best for me.

I am sorry for all of the times I fought with you. I should have just shut my mouth. I never meant to start a fight with you when you told me I couldn’t go out because you wanted to spend some quality time together.

I am sorry for all the times I uttered those dreaded three words — “I hate you.” I never even meant it. I was just mad at you for being right.

Most importantly, I am sorry that I have not said "thank you" and "I love you" enough. I should have told you how much you truly mean to me because you deserve to know that you will always have someone who loves you endlessly. I want to give you the world and show you it all, and one day I hope I can be half as good of a mom as you are. Thank you for inspiring me to be the woman I am today. I love you.

With infinite love,

Your apologetic daughter