One Tree Hill, Are You Serious?

One Tree Hill, Are You Serious?

So Unrealistic it Hurts

3658
One Tree Hill, Are You Serious?

For those of use who have watched "One Tree Hill," we know that a lot of dramatic life-altering events occurred in the lives of each and every character. If it sometimes seemed as if there were toomany life-altering events, there were. But the more alarming issue was the little details that made absolutely no sense and did not at all fit within reality. If you’re like me and watch television hoping that at least one action will line up with reality, you know that this ends in frustration and inevitable yelling at the television. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing it. So I have made a list (in no particular order) of some of the most “Wth that would never happen” moments from "One Tree Hill":

1. Dan Scott was let out of jail after only serving five years for committing FIRST-DEGREE MURDER.

I mean, I know there’s such a thing as time off for good behavior but, first-degree murder! That’s so beyond unrealistic it blows my mind. He literally confessed to the murder. He spent years being manipulative and evil, slowly ruining everyone’s lives and they just let him out. Unbelievable.

2. Haley Scott’s parents not only let her get married at 16, but also left her to travel the country.

What parent in their right mind lets their sixteen-year-old daughter marry the town douche? Nathan was seriously the worst person ever before Haley. They then let them move into some random apartment that they can in no way afford. They left their sixteen-year-old daughter alone! That’s sophomore/junior year of high school. Your parents are kind of necessary to survive.

3. On the topic of Haley, Nathan actually thought that, as a freshly divorced senior in high school, Haley was trying to trap him with a pregnancy.

Like is this an actual joke. Nathan, please, you are not that great of a catch. Your dad is a killer, your mom is a crazy drug addict and you are a whiny mess. You purposely crashed a speeding car into a wall, not really great husband material, eh? Also, since when was a high school pregnancy ever a good thing for a girl? She totally wants to be puking in between her morning classes. Good call there, buddy.

4. Lucas had a heart condition and still played basketball just fine.

This is one of the most ridiculous ones out there. A heart condition is serious, you don’t just ignore it. How did he hide it from his mother, who was really involved in his life? I also like how the information given was so vague as to suggest trouble and pain without actually giving real details or accuracy. If you want accurate health information you just have to watch "Grey’s Anatomy."

5. The sleepover to which Anna basically invites herself and they all become great friends.

As a woman, I am going to state how unrealistic and crazy that is. If some girl I don’t know, who also happens to be kissing up on my ex, shows up at my sleepover, I’m throwing her out on her butt. I don’t know you. I don’t want to know you and I don’t care. One cannot just crash a sleepover without large repercussions. No, just no. It just isn’t done. Same goes for Pete Wentz randomly popping in. Did you not have something better to do? Like, I don't know, record an album?

6. One of the most improbable outcomes of this entire show: Tim and Bevin.

Deep in season five, a season that would be better off forgotten, we learn that Dim, I mean Tim, and Bevin have somehow managed to not only get married, but have a child. Now, this is just absurd. First of all, Bevin is hot and shown to be unassumingly smart. Tim was only popular because of his proximity to Nathan and has been shown to be incredibly dimwitted. How did this happen? I demand some footage because, just like Bigfoot, I won’t believe it until I see proof.

While a good show, "One Tree Hill" had so many plot holes and impractical results that one has to close their eyes when they watch to avoid them. These characters lived dramatic lives that hopefully, the majority of us will never experience. But to ignore these crazy details is to not understand "One Tree Hill." Maybe the high level of nonsensical actions made the show. If so, well I guess I’ll just yell at the television as I watch reruns.