The American Economy And President-Elect Trump

Trump does not deserve credit for the recent economic gains.

15
Canadian Pacific

The economy is up. The Christmas season proved itself once again as the time for America’s biggest economic gains. The Dow Jones is nearing 20,000, retail stores and online websites are reporting record sales, and consumer confidence is up. There may still be flaws in the US economy, but it is surely heading in the right direction.

Guess who is boasting and taking credit for it? The one and only, Donald Trump. As always, Trump is celebrating the victories of others as his own. Through Twitter, Trump has attributed the recent economic gains to himself. He claims that the economy is going up simply because he was elected president…..

First of all, Mr. Trump, the economy is always expected to grow during the holiday season. It is common sense. Thanksgiving and Christmas lead Americans to spend more money than in other parts of the year. People are buying food, gifts, and other commodities that are related to the holiday seasons. The increase in spending then leads to economic gains in the stock market. Americans did not just wake up after the election with a feeling of spending because Trump was elected into office.

Once again, President Obama is being swindled of the credit he deserves. The Dow Jones has doubled since he was elected President. Yet, nobody has batted an eye. Fox News frequently reported that the economy was still in the toilet even with this fact staring them right in the eyes. But now that Trump has been elected, they cannot hold back about how well the economy is and they claim it is due to Trump’s election.

President Obama has put eight years of presidential work into the United States economy. His economic plans and legislation have often been criticized by the media but the facts are there. The United States economy is better now than it was eight years ago and President Obama deserves a good part of the credit, not ego maniac Trump.