Is The American Dream Still Alive?

Is The American Dream Still Alive?

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of HAPPINESS.

978
Is The American Dream Still Alive?
wordpress

I'm sure you can't tell by today's world, but the truth is that this country was actually found on a set of morals. Those morals said that all men (and women) are created equal, that everyone was given specific rights by God himself, and that those rights include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

While I do agree that black lives matter, I also believe that all white lives matter, all yellow lives matter, and all blue lives matter. I think that ALL lives matter. I also think that we as citizens should obey the law, and if we don't then we should be punished. I know that I have found myself very angry after getting a ticket at the law enforcement official that gave it to me.

Why do we get mad at the people who enforce the laws when that is their only job? Their job isn't to catch us doing wrong and punish us just for fun, they are striving every day to make this nation a better place. While we consciously go 7 miles an hour over the speed limit, most people would be fighting mad over a ticket if they were "only" speeding a little bit.

"For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer." - Romans 13:4

Men and women who are involved in the law enforcement are servants for OUR good. And if you ask me, I think it is crazy how the average NFL player gets paid $770,000 to do his job and a police officer who risks his/her life on a regular basis only makes about $53,000. That is what is so sad about today's world. We glorify those who glorify themselves, and we look down on those who put their lives on the line every day for us.

That is wrong with our world today. We have our priorities way out of order. The recent shootings in the U.S. have made me completely sick to my stomach because it hinders every day Americans to live their lives. I can hardly walk to class without being self-conscious about what the guy I am about to cross paths with might have in his pocket. It's like people have no respect for anyone else, including themselves.

I'm not going to predict when the world is going to end, but I don't see how it could get much worse than it is now. All I know is that I want to be ready at any time for the Lord to call me home, and so should everyone else.