When a student at Auburn was recently asked, she explained: "These schools usually have, like, a super vibrant social scene, lots of Greek life (like my amazing sorority, duh!), and tons of exciting events happening all the time. I mean, we're talking about tailgates, themed parties, mixers with fraternities, and just, like, so much fun. But don't get me wrong, we still, like, study and go to class and all that. It's just that at a party school, the social life and having a good time are, like, major priorities for students."
So here's what came at the Top-5.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: In 2021, the University of Wisconsin-Madison was ranked the number one party school by the Princeton Review. The ranking was based on a combination of factors, including student surveys and access to nightlife, among other things.
- West Virginia University: West Virginia University has frequently been ranked among the top party schools in the nation. In the 2020 edition of the Princeton Review's rankings, it was listed as the third top party school. The university is well-known for its vibrant Greek life and sports-related celebrations.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has been consistently ranked among the top party schools. In 2020, the Princeton Review ranked it as the number one party school. The university is famous for its "Unofficial St. Patrick's Day" celebration and active Greek life, contributing to its party reputation.
- University of Alabama: The University of Alabama has also been recognized for its active party scene, driven by its robust Greek life, football culture, and various social events. In the 2020 Niche rankings, it was listed as the sixth top party school in America.
- Indiana University Bloomington: Indiana University Bloomington is another institution frequently cited as a top party school. In the 2020 Niche rankings, it was ranked as the eighth top party school in the country. The university's Little 500 bicycle race event is a significant contributor to its party culture.