July 4th, America, & Political Correctness

How PC is killing America.

25
Edublogs

July 4th – a cause for celebration among the American people. People celebrate in many different ways. Some celebrate with fireworks. Others with cookouts. There are many ways to celebrate, but what matters most is why we celebrate. Do we celebrate because of what a great country America has become? It's likely. I would go so far as to say it's probable.

America isn't great anymore. [Note: This article is not a Trump endorsement.] I believe our country is sick. It has turned from the Godly country it once was into a country that continually challenges Biblical principles. It needs a Godly doctor to make it a Godly country once again, as it used to be even when the British first discovered it. Our country used to be full of people that would stand up for the right thing, even if they had to go to war over it.

Take Abraham Lincoln, for example. His view on slavery was clearly defined even before he became president. Though he likely knew his election may lead to war, he continued to stick by his beliefs well into his presidency. (That in itself is a rarity today.) He never sacrificed his views on slavery even to avoid what later became the American Civil War. He later died at the hands of John Wilkes Booth for those beliefs while watching a play at Ford's Theatre.

Most people today are too tied up in whether or not something will offend someone to say or do anything. One lesson we all need to learn is this: Something you do or say will always offend at least one person. People are also too easily offended. They are allowed to speak their mind, but the moment someone says something they don't agree with, they immediately say the person offended them (or something else not as nice). To them, I will say this: Someone will always offend you by something they do or say. It's just the way the world has been, and will (in its current state) likely always be.

To those that have realized this, thank you. The world needs more people like you. But I implore you to always keep the Word of God in your hearts and minds. He is what made America great, and only He can make America great again. Do not sacrifice God and His Word for the sake of your beliefs. In addition, do not sacrifice your beliefs for the sake of pleasing others.

I hope that people realize how hurtful political correctness can be to everyone. I hope God somehow uses this conglomeration of words to His benefit. Most of all, I hope that people will realize that only God can make us what we once were, if not better.