America: Too Big To Fail?

America: Too Big To Fail?

This election cycle is more than just picking the next President.

2
America: Too Big To Fail?
pcwallart.com

I will be honest with you, 2016 has been the craziest of crazy years. From the Presidential race to terrorizing clowns, to Kevin Durant joining the Warriors, I just don't know if I can handle any more surprises this year. However, I am staying open-minded for one more possible surprise: the failure of America and democracy. I know that is an EXTREMELY BOLD due to the fact the United States is supposed to be the greatest country on the planet, right?

So now I ask you the question, has America become too big to fail?

Democracy is one of the most beautiful things the human race has ever created. But democracy is also one of the most fragile things in the world. We have taken something that was not designed to last forever and convinced ourselves it cannot and will not fail.

The failure of the Republican Party is not due to Donald Trump nor is the failure any major party to present a reasonable candidate due to its leadership. Our nation's problems come from our homes, schools, friends, families, etc. Our nation's problems come from within all of us. We are the creators of our own demise. But we refuse to understand and see that.

Our greatest success is also our greatest failure. We are one of the most diverse, if not the most diverse, countries in the world. The biggest problem we face today is we do not know how to properly govern so many different cultures simultaneously. We have regional differences, religious differences, etc. and it creates extremely different ideological differences on how to run the country. As a result, our country cannot be led entirely by a singular entity like the federal government. It gets pulled and pushed in every direction and eventually it will break. We have too many groups who want too many different things. We can't stop spending money. Our politicians that we do elect can't get anything done. Where is the hope when it is needed most?

On top of our own domestic problems, we also have an insurmountable amount of problems abroad. For instance, I don't know how well people are paying attention to Russia's actions, but they are not good for the sake of the United States. Putin has called home all his foreign representatives and their relatives, an ally of his made a statement saying elect Trump or face nuclear war, and even told his citizens to check their bomb shelters. Then on top of Russia, we have China and their self-proclaimed ownership of the South China Sea. One of own generals even publicly said War World III was imminent. If we enter War World III, I will put money down that the United States crumbles. Hillary nor Donald have the leadership to lead not only our country, but our allies through a major war. That is what makes me most nervous about this year's election: we have zero leadership at the top of our country when we need it most.

So before you start pointing fingers and blaming others for the failure of our country, look at yourself and those around you. Look at your community. Success doesn't come from other success. Success comes from failure. If we keep trying to force our great country to be successful, our crash and burn will only grow larger and larger and the effects will be catastrophic. We can rebuild. We can go our separate ways. But the only way to grow is to learn from our mistakes and we have quit doing that. Instead, we choose to blame others. We choose the easiest route.

We have become complacent. Generations before us worked hard to make the United States the best in the world. We got to the top. Now we are slipping, no falling. And fast. And the only way we can change and survive is by transforming our mindset. We have to have the fear the United States can fail. Without that fear, we will go nowhere in the world. People are working to destroy our country each and every day, and if we don't change from within and fight it, there will be no more United States of America.

So America, please wake up and look around you and us. We are living in a period that will determine the next course of humanity. We need to eliminate the uncertainty of the direction and lead it. Don't let our pride and selfishness be the downfall of one of the greatest countries to ever grace the Earth.