Which Bookstore Is Better: Amazon Or Barnes And Noble?

What makes a bookstore worth it?

118
Flickr

There is something about a bookstore that is like home to every bookworm. And yet at the same time, when you go to a Barnes & Noble store, your wallet truly hurts.

Amazon has become a sensation, as you can get a hardcover book at the same price as a paperback book at Barnes & Noble. But what makes it still so worth it to go to a bookstore?

With a bookstore, it is all about the experience. You walk in and you are in an environment surrounded by people who love to read. People who read books like fantasy and fiction just for the pleasure of it are not easy to come by. In a world that is fascinated with technology, the amount of people who truly read are getting less and less. It can be lonely. But in a bookstore, you are in your element.

Honestly, it is also incredibly aesthetically pleasing. The books are beautiful, the atmosphere is homey. It’s basically fangirl and fanboy central. In the Barnes & Noble near Santa Clara University, there is an entire section of the store dedicated entirely to Harry Potter.

But there is the price. When you buy on Amazon, you lose the experience, but if you buy in Barnes & Noble, you lose more money. Solution?

Recycle bookstores. Wow. Once I discovered this my entire life changed. You may think I’m over exaggerating, but since reading is such a huge part of my life, I am being entirely serious.

You can get books at an even cheaper price than Amazon and get the bookstore experience.

Of course, Barnes & Noble is nice every once in a while. My best friend and I love to go there for our most anticipated releases of the year, and get the books the day they come out. And Amazon is always there if you need a book soon and you don’t have time to go anywhere to get it.

But try a recycle bookstore. You won’t be disappointed.