The Amazon Echo: A New Way To Accomplish Ordinary Things In Our Extraordinary Lives

33

Commercials advertising the Amazon Echo have been populating our televisions, web browsing, and social media feeds for months, depicting the amazing things Alexa can do. Alexa was a popular item on many people’s holiday wish lists. It was back ordered on Amazon and was selling out in electronics stores across the United States. Today, the product continues to fly off store shelves as people purchase the convenience Alexa provides.

Alexa is not just a blue tooth speaker, she can accomplish so much more than simply playing music. Certain every day tasks such as reviewing the day’s headlines, checking the weather, organizing to-do lists, and setting alarms can be done by simply asking Alexa to do so. Their is no need to get out of bed or push a button to accomplish these tasks.

Do you need a recipe for game day? Alexa is able to search allrecipies.com and read aloud recipes for favorite foods, allowing the family chef to focus on the important matters at hand.

Are games more your style?

Alexa offers numerous games which can be played using only your voice. The Jeopardy J 6 game allows the player to try their hand at playing the game using the top xix clues from each day of the week. The player can try multiple times to win Jeopardy.

Listening to music has become so much easier with Alexa. Amazon Prime members have access to The Amazon Prime Music library which allows the user to listen to almost every type of artist on the market. The Amazon Prime Member does not have to pay any extra for this service. If the user is a Spotify member, listening to your favorite music is still easy as ever. You can sync your spodify library with Alexa, and you are able to ask her to play your favorite toons.

The Amazon Echo comes in two different models. The Amazon Echo is the larger model with a price tag of $150. It is the size of a bluetooth speaker and does not need any speakers to function. The smaller model of the Amazon Echo is the Amazon Echo Dot. This is a smaller model that is the size of your hand, it can be conveniently placed on a desk in an office or dorm room. The dot offers clear sound and can be paired with a larger speaker to augment your listening experience.