I Am A Trump Supporter

I Am A Trump Supporter

No, I am not racist, homophobic, or sexist.

78
I Am A Trump Supporter
Slate

History was made on November 8, 2016. In a historic upset against Secretary Hillary Clinton, the non-politician pulled through and broke 270 on the Electoral Map. While the majority of people cheered and applauded our new presidential elect, many others did not whatsoever. Acts of "protest" and violence broke out all across America. Trump supporters are being called: racist, homophobic, sexist, and bigots. I am a Trump supporter and I do not fall under any of the categories for many reasons.

I simply am a Trump supporter, I strongly support stronger diplomatic, foreign, and immigration policies. I support the coal industry. I support the building up of small businesses, I support saving unborn babies, and I support making America great again. I am a Trump-supporting Republican. My point of this article is not point fingers or to argue. My point is to bring a light about how it feels to be a college student and a supporter who supported Trump the day after he was the presidential elect of the United States. I often heard around campus and on social media, "if Trump wins, I'm moving to Canada.", "I'm afraid for the LGBTQ community.","you're what's wrong with America nowadays.", and lastly what really got to me, "you're racist and homophobic because you voted for Trump." Being from a small private college in southeastern Kentucky, it didn't affect my school as much as it did bigger ones like UCONN who canceled classes for the day after the election. After the election also angry people started to burn American flags, in protest against Donald Trump. Among this crowd were vast varieties of angry college students. In reality, burning the American flag doesn't protest against Trump, it totally disrespects the men and women who risk their lives or have lost their lives defending our flag and its values.

This is the first time since 1928, that the GOP has controlled the House of Reps, Senate, Supreme Court, and most importantly the Oval Office. I couldn't be more thrilled if I tried. I am not ashamed who I voted for, and I never will be. This is a huge deal, especially since President Trump gets to appoint up to three Supreme Court Justices, this will make the court lean more Conservative. President Trump, with his new appointed power, vowed to go after Roe vs. Wade which is a huge deal for the Pro-Life community.

We definitely need to stop targeting people, name-calling, and judging people based on who they voted for. We can't judge a person's character or morals based on who they voted for. Myself as a Trump supporter, I was called sexist. Honestly, I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton because she's woman. I didn't vote for her because of her policies and her corruption in her campaign. If Sarah Palin would've ran for president she would've definitely had my vote without a second thought so don't play the because she's a woman card.

Lastly, we all need to band together and unite as one group, Americans. This isn't about being Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, etc. We should be a nation united, not divided. This is how you fix problems and heal a nation. When you divide, that's when you see everything fall apart.