Never Doubt The One Who Gave His All For You

Am I enough?
7

Am I pretty enough? Am I smart enough? Am I skinny enough? Am I tall enough? Am I good enough? Am I worthy enough? Every person I know, including myself, has probably asked themselves one of these questions at some point. But what even is "enough"?

It's really sad to think that we don't think we are enough. From the time we can understand words, we start to compare ourselves to everyone around us. I remember thinking in third grade that my friends all looked normal and I looked fat. It's like the devil creeps into our thoughts at such a young age, we get immune to it. We define ourselves by how well (or terrible) we do on tests, how good (or bad) we think we look in the mirror, how many people like us and how many people don't. And most of the time, we don't think we are enough. But the God who created us does not make mistakes, and he thinks that we are so enough. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, “He has made EVERYTHING beautiful in its time." The bottom line is that we will never be enough for ourselves, but we are enough for God.

When I disappoint people, I always have to wonder if I am enough. I wonder if I'm doing enough. I feel like everything I do is wrong, and I can't please anyone. But I want my days to be of much worth, and not have a feeling of worthlessness. I have to remember that God does not make mistakes, and He made me to be exactly who I am. He wants to walk with me and watch me grow into the beautiful person He knows I can be. I am allowed to be a masterpiece and a work in progress, at the same time.

Life can get a little crazy. Whether you are kid, teen, college student, adult, mother, father, we can all agree that life is amazing. And then it is awful. And then it is great again. And in between the amazing and the awful, it is ordinary, and then it is extraordinary. We have to breathe in the amazing, survive the awful, and relax and breathe during the ordinary. But in the middle of the amazing, the awful, and the ordinary, know that God is enough. And God thinks that we are enough.

So next time you are looking in the mirror thinking you're not pretty enough, or studying for hours only to fail and think that you are not smart enough, or just down and thinking you aren't enough, know that you are enough for God.