Things I'm Thankful For

Things I'm Thankful For

It's not very long, but at least it's something.

18
Things I'm Thankful For
Everfest

With the holidays fast approaching, and the onslaught of Thanksgiving posts already circulating on social media, I figured I would go ahead and hop on the bandwagon so that I could become the basic white girl that I am.

1. Converse College

I am so, so thankful for my college. Not only have I made so many new friends and met so many amazing women, but I feel as if there is nowhere else I would rather be in this world. Between the Professors who have helped me so much not only with assignments and advising, and the friends that I've made who text me to remind me to take my medication and do my homework, I feel as if I've been integrated into a huge, happy, pretty stubborn family.

2. Friends, New and Old

Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these amazing people in my life. From A to Z, there are all of these near perfect human beings who I can always open up to or joke around with because they have the same sense of humor and are just as passionate about what they believe in as I am.

And next time Zane, I'm gonna kick your ass at putt-putt.

3. My Family

Okay, so maybe we don't always get along, and sometimes we fight and argue, but I'm not quite sure where I would be in this world without my loving family to support me. We've all grown apart in the last few years, but I know that no matter what happens there will always be someone who will pick up the phone if I call at 3 a.m. because something's gone wrong.

4. Music

I've talked about the importance of music in a past article, but without it I honestly doubt that I would still be here. As I write this, I'm listening to a song called "Take It All Back" by Judah & the Lion, because it's easing my nerves and stops the feeling of anxiety that's slowly creeping in from being home alone and from the assignments that I have due in two days that I haven't started.

Anyway...

5. My "Moms"

These are the close, amazing friends that I've made at Converse. In case you were questioning it, I call them my moms because they're the ones that keep me out of trouble and keep money in my bank account (they stop me from making a TON of bad decisions when it comes to my spending habits), and they always make sure I'm taking my medicine or refilling it when the bottle goes empty. Sometimes they make me feel less alone when I find out that they haven't started a particular assignment yet either, and I can recall a few times where I've sat in their room with one or both of them, having anxiety induced freak-outs. They're the best, and I love them all very much.

So shoutout to Blair, McKaylia, Alex, Alexis, Tiffani, Lily, Sara, and Meredith. Y'all the real MVPs.

Okay so maybe it seems as if I'm not thankful for a lot of things, but in reality, I'm thankful for more things than I can write about. I could sit at this computer for the next week, and still have things that I'm able to come up with. But I'm not going to do that, obviously, because I have classes and homework and video games...

Happy Thanksgiving!