Choose Your Friends Wisely, But Always Put Yourself First

You need to make sure that you're your number one priority because I promise you no one will put you first.

106

If you're a person who wears their heart on their sleeves, join the club. It's extremely challenging to be someone who cares so deeply about everyone else in their lives because you'll tend to always put everyone else above yourself.

Your friend has a problem with their boyfriend or ex boyfriend for the 40th time in the past week, you drop everything to help them. It doesn't matter how small or big the situation is, you can't help but always drop everything in your life to be there for others. Why? You care way more than the normal person, which honestly is the worst thing ever.

I get it, you can't stop caring about the people you love. No matter what they do to you or how many times you say you're done with them, you can't help but always be there for them.

It absolutely sucks.

Why? You can't pick real friends if your life depended on it. If you're being honest with yourself, you probably only have a solid 4 friends out of the 100 or more contacts in your phone that actually care about your wellbeing.

You pick friends who use you. People who you let walk over you in fear of getting rejected or losing friends.

You're scared. You don't want to feel rejected or lose people because sadly that's all you've ever known. Forget losing your significant other, losing a friend sometimes can hurt even more.

You have all the right to be scared, it's completely normal. It's not okay to let yourself be treated badly by others just to have "friends" though. If you're constantly unhappy and upset about your friends, maybe they just aren't really your friends at the end of the day.

Friends are the people that when you really need them, they're there for you. No matter what, they will always be there for you.

Thank you to the friends that I can call at whatever time and they'll always be there for me. Thank you to the people who truly care for my well-being. We really tend to take for granted the people who are really there for us and spend more time with the people who won't stay for the long term. Let's take a minute to truly appreciate the people who stick through it all and love us endlessly.

This is a reminder to chose your friends wisely. It's nice to have those friends that you can joke and have good times with, but if they can't be there for you when you need them then they're not worth it.