On Open Letter To The Guy Who Let Me Go

On Open Letter To The Guy Who Let Me Go

You're really missing out.

227
On Open Letter To The Guy Who Let Me Go
The Daily Beast

You know who you are. The beginning of our relationship was the best time of our lives. We were so enveloped in love and infatuated with every inch of each other. We couldn’t wait to get home to hold each other all night. I loved the way you couldn’t let me go while we slept and I loved your hands, they were my weakness. But you messed up, my friend.

Everything changed out of nowhere. You moved away and my whole world collapsed. The world is big, but we thought we were bigger, turns out we weren’t. Eventually the distance between us would separate us. The months I watched our love die were the hardest, without the support of friends and family who knows where I would be. You really messed up.

Time passed and our love brought us back together, I thought we had really got it down that time. I was back to being happy and I thought that the world had given me everything that I had been praying for. I had my college plans in motion and we were finally going to be close together. Unfortunately, you made the same mistake twice. You really messed up this time.

You let me go.

At first I was heartbroken, then I realized something, I didn't need you, I didn't need anyone. I had myself and that was more than enough. Once a girl gets to the point where she realizes this, it's game over. She will start to realize that you can't believe everything you hear. She has a fire in her that will burn through anything and it may be intimidating, but boy is it powerful.

Now instead of lighting up thinking of you, I light up at the thought of my future. I light up when I think about the things that will make me successful. I laugh in the presence of my best friends and not with you. I have finally accepted the changes in my life and it has made me something you don’t want to reckon with. I guess that’s what happens when you let go of a good girl. We start to realize we are the prize and not you. We don’t miss your hands anymore because were too busy smirking knowing you’re missing our eyes, our bodies or the way we look while riding shotgun, and damn did we look good.

I guess now I’ve gotten to the point where I can say thank you. Thank you for making me one bad ass chick that takes no crap from anyone. Thank you for showing me that whoever I end up with is one lucky guy. Thank you for teaching me to not be naïve because I once believed every word that came out of your mouth. Thank you for showing me that actions will always mean more than words. You messed up.

You were all I wanted, but you let me go. I’m sorry for your loss.