71 Good Things That Make You Oh So Happy

38. Jim from 'The Office'

197
Nour Karouni

To keep it nice and simple, so much is happening!! Just because so much is happening, doesn't mean that good things are happening.

College is already so overwhelming (classes, workload, and all the social aspects), so it’s so easy to forget about your mental health. You're being so drained daily, you need to remind yourself to recharge. You may be in a position where nothing is going right or it’s one issue after another, maybe everything is just crashing and burning! This is when you need to take the time to notice all the good things. You may be so caught up in one thing that you’re forgetting about everything else.

What really helps me when I’m upset or not feeling like my best self is listing small things that make me oh so happy:

PS- this list is worth the read through!!

1.Family

2.Friends

3.Coffee in the morning

4.Coffee anytime actually

5.Music

6.Good Books

7.Writing

8.Sunflowers

9.My Vinyls

10.Rick and Morty

11.Scary Movies

12.Podcasts

13.Playlists

14.Outdoors

15.Laughter

16.Fries

17.Spaghetti

18.Noodles (oh my god I love noodles)

19.Love

20.Making a to-do list and then checking things off

21.Animals (esp. puppies)

22.Taking things off your chest

23.The ocean

24.Jazz

25.Jazz bars

26.Concerts (!!!!!)

27.Music Festivals

28.Hammocking

29.Kisses

30.Late night drives with the music blaring

31.The feeling of driving home after a long day

32.Naps

33.How I Met Your Mother

34.Photographs

35.Butterflies in your stomach while taking to a cute boy (sorry)

36.Lebanon

37.Traveling

38. Jim from The Office

39.Art

40.Space

41.Dark chocolate brownies

42.Dark chocolate in general

43.Coloring

44.Workouts

45.Babies

46.Catching up with an old friend

47.The sun

48.Laying in the sun

49.Hats

50.Dancing

51.A good hair day

52.Texts from someone you've been waiting to text you

53.Clean sheets

54.That 70s Show

55.Big t-shirts

56.Lil Wayne

57.The color yellow

58.Astrology

59.Praying

60.Forgivness

61.Thinking about my future (minus the freaking out)

62.Traveling

63.The feeling of landing in a new country 64.When people tell you something reminded them of you

65.Toast

66.When it rains on a cold day 67.Yoga

68.Celebrations

69.Getting things done before they are due

70.Smiling at strangers

71. Lemons

That’s just a small handful of things that make me happy, making a list really helps put everything in perspective! I know it’s so easy to forget the simple joys in life, it’s so easy to get caught up in the moment. Time heals all wounds and it’s very okay to be alone and think for a little if that’s what it takes to get you back on track. Happiness is a blessing, be someones happiness, be your own happiness!!! We are all so messy in our own super cool and inserting way! You never need to feel like you should be perceived as perfect, because none of us are. I hope that when you need it most, you think about your little list and smile!

~Song you should listen to while reading this article: Kiss Me Again by The Drums~