The Self-Love Playlist You Never Knew You Needed Until Now

Songs about empowerment are just as important as love songs.

151

Recently I curated a playlist of songs of different genres, tempos, and singers that all send messages of self-love and empowerment. There are so many playlists made of depressing songs or songs about love, but there is not nearly enough for self-love. Here is my playlist called "All Self Love", listen and make yourself feel

1. "Strip" (feat. Sharaya J) - Little Mix

Little Mix recently came out with this song, along with a music video that is all about confidence. "Strip" is the anthem for all girls, no matter their shape, size, skin color, etc. Not only are the lyrics extremely empowering, but the song is super catchy too, especially Sharaya J's rap part.

2. "You Should See Me In a Crown" - Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish's "You Should See Me In a Crown" is a powerful song that inspires confidence among her listeners. She sings "I'm gonna run this nothing town / Watch me make 'em bow" exemplifying the power that she possesses. Listening to this song will make you feel just as powerful.

3. "Sue Me" - Sabrina Carpenter

"Sue Me" is a fun, upbeat song about thriving after a breakup. It is a great reminder that you don't need a significant other in order to feel good about yourself. Sabrina Carpenter wants to make sure that everyone knows that anyone can "sue her" for looking good and feeling good about herself!

4. "Fuck With Myself" - Banks

Banks wrote "Fuck With Myself" to show that she puts herself above everyone else. She will always love herself and "fuck with herself more than anyone else." This is a great message for everyone, especially those who feel as though they have lost themselves a bit.

5. "Money Power Glory" - Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey is known for her confidence and elegance, and she does not stop short of this in her song "Money Power Glory" where she talks about wanting, well exactly what the title tells you. This song has tones of confidence and ambition that inspires her listeners.

6. "Motherlove" - Bea Miller

In an ode to Bea's least favorite kind of boys, fuck boys, she wrote "Motherlove" to send the message to them that she can please herself better than they ever could imagine, both physically and emotionally. "Motherlove" is a witty, but important song that every girl who is dealing with a fuck boy in her life should listen to.

7. "I Don't Care" - Ariana Grande

In "I Don't Care" Ariana wants the world to know that she does not care about its expectations and unreachable standards. She sings "If I can't be me, the fuck's the point?" which is a question we should all be asking ourselves whenever we succumb to the judgments of society.

8. "Broken Clocks" - SZA

"Broken Clocks" inspires people to move on from the things in their life, like jobs or relationships, that are holding them back from their highest potential. She wants her listeners to know that even through their mundane, robotic-like days, you still have the potential to make something out of yourself. It's ultimately up to you.

9. "Liability (Reprise)" - Lorde

"Liability (Reprise)" is a reprise of Lorde's song "Liability" where she talks about feeling as if she is too much for people. In the reprise, she tells herself, "you're not what you thought you were," something that a lot of people who think negative thoughts about themselves need to hear.