All In His Perfect Timing

All In His Perfect Timing

He understands the period of waiting is not easy. He understands it can get lonely.

793
All In His Perfect Timing
NASA

Something I always seem to forget is how powerful timing is. Whether I'm trying to move past something or waiting for an event in the future; time always does the trick. What I always seem to miss is the things that help "pass the time". I find myself realizing these great moments after the opportunity to take them in, has passed. I'm always so focused on the goal that I miss the steps.

These steps are where I see myself the most people pleasing, confused, and as we like to call it "literally struggling". I find myself getting so expectant on complete fulfillment from a goal that I lose complete sight of the journey. If you're like me you know exactly what I'm referring to. It's the moments of "why did I just do that", "okay now I know we're on good terms", "I don't have to deal with this but I will because I'm that kind of person".

We convince ourselves that we're doing ourselves AND others around us a favor. We focus so much on doing things to advance our cause that we lose the signs God is trying to reveal to us. We reach out to friends to satisfy our need to feel like these "moments of waiting" are intentional. We do someone a favor to make ourselves feel like surely we are " that go to person". Nothing could be further from the truth.

To say this is always the case would be discrediting. I believe the majority of our intentions to please others are out of the pure kindness of our hearts. I think more times than not though we can find ourselves guilty of this mindset. During these times where my mindset wonders I have to remember that the same grace God gave us selfishly is the same, I should be modeling. He gives us no time limit. He gives us no ultimatums. He thinks none of how it will benefit himself.

Whenever I feel like I can never reach a goal; I fixate on God's ultimate goal. Imagine waiting for century's and still waiting. Imagine an ultimatum of your goal is that you had to trust believers of your plan to lead those who didn't, for you. Imagine how people could easily fall off the track of your goal by the most common of distractions. Imagine seeing results of where people had altered and changed the criteria of your goal.

The "steps" to God's ultimate goal is... our lives. This period of waiting for Him is reflected in our everyday lives. The things God does for us in this time of waiting for him are always intentional. Always selfless. Always for him to reveal his truth to us.

If you're anything like me, you feel pretty convicted right now. The good news is that nothing is impossible for God. The person who made you ALWAYS has goals fulfilled. He has equipped you with the same diligence and persistence that He created you with. He understands the period of waiting is not easy. He understands it can get lonely.

He does create us for a purpose.

God, help us to trust in a plan greater than one we could imagine on our own.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind.