Alex Karev Is Leaving 'Grey's Anatomy' After 15 Years And I Might Need One Of Epi To Survive This

Pour one out for your favorite "Grey's" characters that are now gone.

1830
ABC

This just in: Justin Chambers is BREAKING the hearts of "Grey's Anatomy" fans everywhere by announcing his departure from the medical drama after 15 seasons.

"Grey's" first aired in 2005 and is about to begin season 16 in the middle of January. Justin Chambers plays Alex Karev on the show and is one of the only O.G cast members left.

Alex Karev is Meredith's best friend, married to Jo, and has had one of the GREATEST character development timelines on the entire show.

In a recent interview with Deadline, Chambers said,

"There's no good time to say goodbye to a show and a character that's defined so much of my life for the past 15 years."

He goes on in the interview to talk about how he has wanted to branch out in his career choices and now that he is getting older and has a family it was time to solidify that decision.

We don't know if Alex Karev will say goodbye to us in season 16 or if season 15 was his final appearance on the show. All we can hope is that his storyline doesn't end with an untimely death, but a career change and distance from Grey Sloan Memorial.

Now that this news has broken, we have so many questions. What's going to happen with Jo? How will Meredith handle not having Alex around? My mind is going crazy with theories and questions.

With the departure of Alex Karev, we are left with only a few O.G characters including Meredith, Dr. Weber, and Dr. Bailey. Since Alex won't be around anymore, we can only PRAY for some intense drama to make up for the loss of one of our favorite characters.

"Grey's Anatomy" season 16 premieres on Thursday, Jan. 23 on ABC.