An Honest Open Letter To My Ex-Best Friend

You are only a stranger to me now.

259
www.lovethispic.com

Dear ex-best friend,

Normally these letters that are written to an ex-best friend are friends missing their past friendship with someone. Not this letter. No, this letter is me expressing why I am glad our friendship has ended.

We have known one another since kindergarten. I thought our friendship would last forever. I told you everything and vice versa. So yes, I was surprised that you turned out to be what everyone told me you were. Two-faced and manipulative. I am not trying to be disrespectful or make you look bad, but it is awful when someone turns into something you thought they would never be. It is even more surprising when they are your best friend and they don't care about stabbing that knife into your back and watching you bleed.

You were toxic to me. Once I cut you out of my life I felt better. I felt like you always had to be the star of the show, but you were not. Every conversation turned into a conversation about you. You never worried about me, or asked how I was doing. I always asked you. I was expected to drop everything for you, but you constantly dropped our plans. I understood the first few times, then it became a pattern. After we have stopped talking I began to wonder how many other times you lied or manipulated me.

It seems as though you waited until after graduation to fully turn your back on me because, well, I was pretty much your only faithful friend. I stood by your side through so much. We got into our arguments and got over it in hours. You were quite the actress. You had me fooled. Then one day I had enough. I called you out on everything. You did not like that at all. First, you denied everything. Typical. I'm not saying I'm the perfect friend, but when you finally admitted to how you stabbed me in the back you made it seem like my fault. From that moment on, I knew our friendship was not worth it. I knew you were not worth it.

Now that we are no longer friends, you had to make new ones. It is ironic how all of your new friends are the people you have talked badly about to me several times, but eventually, they will learn.

If you are wondering if I miss you, I don't. Not one part of me. If you think I am dwelling on losing our friendship I am not. I am writing this article so other people who found themselves in the same position can relate. You are not the only bad friend out there. Whether someone is your friend or not you have to stand up for yourself when they are wrong. I am not sorry I stood up for myself and called you out on who you are. If you don't change you will be alone. It will not be any one else's fault but your own. Some friendships are not meant to last forever. So I wish you luck on the rest of your life.