Afrojack is Back With "Hero"

Afrojack is Back With "Hero"

Afrojack's new single, "Hero" is wildly popular, upbeat and on repeat.

22
Afrojack is Back With "Hero"

Nick van de Wall, better known as Afrojack, is a Grammy Award-winning artist and producer who has co-produced extremely popular tracks with artists such as Beyoncé, Madonna, and Pitbull.

His music career began when his mom started taking him to her workout class sessions where exclusively dance music was played. When he was 11, he started producing music for her classes, which is an incredibly cool origin story.

His most recent single, "Hero" was co-produced with David Guetta and written by Ryan Tedder and Ellie Goulding. Afrojack initially heard Ellie Goulding's vocals on it and knew he could create something big. The song received one million streams in the first 24 hours and has already received remix requests. When speaking to college students across the country during the in2une Music Campus Campfire Circle this week, Afrojack said there was no genius moment to the song – he just knew people wanted upbeat and positive vibes, and he wanted to be the guy to deliver.

He also told the virtual Zoom participants that he is beyond ready to start touring again and has plans to be back in America by September hopefully. Preparing for shows is a simple process for Afrojack as he's had a long time to prepare. He's been gathering music and preparing ideas and visuals for quite some time now, and is ready to get back into action!

Check out the lyric video for Afrojack's new song, "Hero" HERE