Advice To The Girls In College Who Have Never Dated

Calling all independent women

4280
dailylifewithjackson

Dear college girls who are reading this and have never dated anyone,

You are absolutely perfect and do not need to change. I am a freshman in college and have never had a significant other and you know what?...that’s OK! You deserve to have the best and it’s OK to wait. People may look at you like you’re weird and stuck up just because you have never actually dated someone. But who cares! Live your life and when you’re ready to date you will know!

Now, I’m not here to scare you and tell you how you might die a lonely life in a house full of cats. I’m here to tell you why you may still be single and not to worry because it will work out.

Almost every girl has thought out their first kiss and planned out their wedding by the time they were the age of 10. These are also the girls who have written the name of the boy they were going to marry in hearts on every notebook they owned and they always shared notes in school to the other girls about who the cutest boy was. But, as the years went on, less and less girls fantasized about these things and they began to settle for guys that didn’t really care about them or their well-being. Now, I am definitely not saying that every guy is like this, but as generations of guys get older, it seems like this is the case.

You may also be getting tired of waiting around for the right person, but is waiting really as bad as it seems? In my opinion, waiting is not all that bad, if anything it is empowering and shows how patient and independent you are. By waiting, it helps you figure out and set in stone who you are before someone tries to go and change you. One thing I don’t think people are told enough, is that after graduating high school and entering college, everything changes. You learn so many new ideas as a freshman in college and you experience so many new things, and not having someone tying you down and holding you back is amazing.

College is the time that you are supposed to live your life and not have any cares. Sometimes having a serious relationship during the start can inhibit that and you won’t get to experience that new club you are wanting to join or the dance team you want to try out for. It is better to wait for the right person to come along than to jump into a relationship because society is telling you that you must be in one to fit in with the rest of the society.

Every day, we see in media, music, and movies girls changing themselves for their significant others because they are told if they don’t they will leave them. This is honestly so wrong in so many ways. Why change yourself for someone who may not actually care about you when they might only care what they can get from you. Overall, I just want to tell all the girls reading this that it’s okay to be single going into college and one thing I ask you is to please respect yourselves and don’t give in to the wrong person.

Love Always,

Madison (: