Advantages Of Living At Home For College

17

When a freshman enters college, one of their main thoughts is, “I can finally move away from home.” Most students don’t want to think, “I’m going to live at home for college.” Whether a person moves into the dorms, an apartment, a house, or a sorority or fraternity house, they are learning what it means to be completely on their own.

Coming from Reno, I made the choice to live at home for college. Sometimes, I wish I didn’t, but when it comes down to it, I know my parents convinced me to make a good decision.

Going into my third of year of college, I have learned what is best and not best to do for myself and my future success. From where I stand, there are many benefits to living at home for school.

The food.

You have access to a well-stocked fridge 24/7.You can come home super late, and there will still be home-cooked meals waiting for you in the fridge or the counter.

No rent.

Not having to pay rent puts hundreds of dollars back into your pocket. You don’t have to worry about paying for utilities or water, or anything that comes with having to rent out a place.

Free Wifi.

Not only does living at home provide you with free Wifi but good, free Wifi. You can save up all that data to use when you’re at school and the school’s Wifi breaks down.

You have your own room and bathroom.

If you’re a private person like me, being able to have your own room gives you comfort and relief. And you can be on your own schedule to use your bathroom.

You can have pets.

Your dog or cat ,or whatever pet you have, is waiting for you to come home and you don’t have to go through the process of missing him or her. You don’t have to pay a pet deposit, or have to give away your pet if your place doesn’t allow them.

Going home to your family is a nice escape from school and the people there.

Sometimes, you just have those hard days at school and need to get away from the college environment. Going home to your family gives you the opportunity to take a breathier and allows you to have that source of support and encouragement that you need.

Save money.

The money that you save from living at home goes to a good cause -- your bank account. You also have less loans to pay off. With that extra money you have, you can occasionally go out and treat yourself to something nice.

Less stress.

You don’t have to worry about finding a new place to live, about having to stock up on food, and all the other worries that come from being away from home.

Your things are all in one place.

You don’t have to go through the process of deciding what you want to pack and what you don’t want to pack. Everything you own is in one place.

Your family.

When your family needs you or when you need them, they’re right there. When you need to just focus on family matters, you’re already there to help them out.

Living at home has given me the opportunity to give me alone time I need to figure my life out. The independency that college students wish to have is something I am still able to have.