College Makes Adulting Harder

College Makes Adulting Harder

Everything about college that makes it harder to make adult decisions

35

Adult decisions are hard when you are a college student.

Becoming an adult is hard, but it can be made even harder when college comes into play. Not only are you trying to balance classes and your workload but you are adjusting to paying your own bills and making independent choices. College can make adulting so much harder then it needs to be.

The most prominent part of becoming an adult is paying your own bills. Car insurance, cell phone, and internet bills all consume you until it's like you have no money left to enjoy yourself. College really uses up that money because you also have to pay for any food you get when you go out with friends or any fun you might have on the weekends.

Adulting also includes being out on your own, this also includes attending college but with conditions that involve a class schedule and a dorm room with a roommate. You can't just do whatever you want when you have someone else trying to adult as well. You have to be respectful of their space and their choices as they will hopefully be of yours.

Making big life decisions while in college can also cloud your judgment. University means new friends and a unique set of challenges that include a unique set of choices that will have to be made. Not only are you going to have to choose between which bill to pay first, you are also going to have to choose which class you need to take to graduate and whether or not you are going to study or party.

Adulting is difficult and so is being a college student, unfortunately, you have to deal with both of these at the same time right out of high school.

Don't let the challenges of both consume you and remember to be yourself no matter what decision you're facing.