Actually, Your Promise Ring Means EVERYTHING

Promise rings are a big deal, so why are we trying to devalue them?

172
Jeremy Bishop

Promise rings are a BIG DEAL. I know some people might argue otherwise, but they’re not something that should be taken lightly.

Promise rings are a symbol of love. They say, “I love you, and although I’m not ready to marry you, you’re the one I want to marry.” I don’t know about you, but that seems like a pretty big deal to me.

Love isn’t one of those things that you can understand unless you’re personally in it yourself. You can’t judge another person’s feelings because you’re not a part of it. And that’s okay. Those people don’t have to try to explain why they feel the way they do about a person, and it doesn’t have to make sense to you.

“If you liked it, then you should’ve put a ring on it.” -Beyoncé

If someone wants to give their significant other a ring, then they have most likely thought it over!! They know that this is what they want to do. It doesn’t matter if they’ve been dating six months or six years, if they feel that they’re ready, then, well, they’re ready. That’s not something that has to make sense to you. That’s just how it is.

News flash: You don’t have to know everything about your significant other to let them know that you want to marry them. When the wedding day comes, you’re NOT going to know everything about them either. It’s humanly impossible! That’s such a beautiful thing though - that you get to learn more and more about your partner every single day.

Love isn’t something that can be measured by time, nor can it be measured by gifts.

Receiving a promise ring is HUGE!! How sweet is it to have someone commit to you, even though there may be reasons why marriage isn’t an option at the moment. Whether it be finances or school, I'm sure there's a good reason for the wait. Once the wait is over, then your lives will begin! Until then, it’s nice to know that someone still wants to spend their future with you once you’ve gotten it figured out.

You don’t have to be ready for an engagement ring to get a promise ring. That's the whole point. If you were ready for marriage, then you wouldn’t be getting a promise ring, now would you?

Promise rings are a big deal, so who are we to make it seem like less than it is? We shouldn’t be putting others down when it comes to how they show their love for another person. Sure, it doesn’t have to be a ring. It doesn’t have to be anything material. But how another person displays their love isn't any of our business.

If you’re serious about wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone, then who’s going to stop you?