I Actually Loved 2016

I Actually Loved 2016

No, I'm not crazy

59
I Actually Loved 2016
www.pixabay.com

A wise man once said "a negative thinker see difficulty in every opportunity; a positive thinker see an opportunity in every difficulty."

This man was Chikku George Thomas, and because he was human, he had good and bad days. We all do. Sometimes those good and bad days turn into good and bad weeks, or good and bad months, or even good and bad years. And this year, if you ask almost anyone, they will say that it's been a bad year. With everything that has happened, from the election to terrorist attacks, it's really easy to take this year and look at the negative side to it.

But, if 2016 has taught me anything, it's to always look at the positive side of things. That was something I always struggled with if I'm being honest, but this year was my time of self discovery and self realization, and I've realized that I don't like being a pessimist and I don't like looking at everything with the glass half empty instead of half full. So I've decided to take on life with a smile, and if I'm being completely honest with myself and you, I've never felt happier.

With 2016 having been over for about a week now, I'd like to take this time to reflect on why this year was one of the best years yet, and hopefully this encourages you all to look on the brighter side of things.

1. I got to see my favorite band in concert and meet them for the third time

2. I got to sing on stage with my favorite band after two years of trying

3. I got to see my other favorite band with some of my best friends (you can't tell from this picture but it was 5 Seconds of Summer)

4. I started down the path of following my dreams

5. I got accepted to my dream college, Point Park University

6. I got my first job, and my first paycheck

7. I lost weight...FINALLY

8. I realized who my true friends are

9. I got to go to a Halloween haunted walk-through thing

10. I reconnected with old friends and family

11. I got to go on the greatest vacation of my life

12. I got a onesie

13. I rediscovered my old passions

14. I finished something I was working on for one and a half years

15. I learned how to do my eyebrows

16. I got to buy Christmas presents with my own money for the first time

17. I got a new phone after having the same for three years

18. I survived my last marching band season

19. I went to the local fair and had one of the greatest nights of my life

20. I went to the beach and watched the sunset

21. I reunited with my best friend from New Jersey for the first time in over a year

22. I went on a segway tour on the beach

23. I went to the zoo for the first time in over two years

24. I went parasailing in Maryland

25. I became a senior in high school

26. I was in some parades

27. I made new friends

28. I watched the Cleveland Browns actually win a game

29. I ate lots and lots of french fries

30. I tried new food and liked it

31. I became an adult

32. I lost people who weren't good for me

33. I went to prom with an awesome date and an awesome third wheel

34. I discovered I can pull off hats

35. I had my last band banquet with some of my closest friends

36. I had my last Model United Nations adventure

37. I swam in the ocean for the first time in eight years

38. I went trick-or-treating

39. I performed in my last talent show

40. I performed at my last marching band championships

41. I went to my last homecoming with some of my best friends

42. I went restaurant hopping with one of the greatest people on this planet

43. I ate a few Oreo churros

44. I discovered that my true best friend will always be my mom

45. I went to baseball games

46. I went to hockey games

47. I participated in a Kids' Stampede for the first time since I was a kid

48. I got to go to a summer camp for a third time and this time I got an award

49. I went to Washington D.C

50. I went to Dave and Buster's

51. I survived my last band camp

52. I went kayaking for the first time

53. I went apple picking with my family

54. I rode a Ferris wheel three times, which is huge because I have a huge fear of heights

55. I went to Cedar Point

56. I celebrated the Fourth of July with some good people

57. I got to celebrate Ashton Irwin's birthday with him

58. I heard If You Don't Know by 5 Seconds of Summer live which I never thought would happen in my lifetime

59. I held Ross Lynch's hand and highfived him...that's two hand touches within an hour. Do you hear me screaming?

60. I went to the drive-in movie theater

61. I found out I was in my favorite band's movie (it's hard to see but I'm right there in the front row)

62. I sang the National Anthem at my high school football team's Military Appreciation Night

63. I got a signed CD from my favorite band

64. I reconnected with my childhood best friends

65. I went to Waldameer & Water World

66. I snuck up to fourth row at a concert

67. I finally watched Big Hero 6 and now it's my favorite movie

68. I went to Sky Zone

69. I jumped into TWO different foam pits

70. I job shadowed at my local radio stations

71. I cuddled with my dog a lot

72. I fit into a pair of jeans that hadn't fit me for three years

73. I tried Dunkin Donuts for the first time

74. I skipped school to go to the beach and it was worth it

75. I got my fake tooth fixed after nine years of it being slanted

76. I got a new leather jacket and I love it beyond belief

77. I read more books

78. I found out both of my favorite books are getting a movie/TV series adaptation

79. I got a necklace I've been craving for three years

80. I saw wild horses on a beach in Maryland

81. I went sand crab hunting in Maryland

82. I had a bonfire on the beach in Maryland

83. I discovered what true happiness feels like

84. I had an amazing last birthday party, just for old time's sake, to celebrate my entrance into adulthood

85. I went Pokemon hunting with my friends literally all night

86. I realized that life is too short to be negative all of the time

87. I performed in a dinner theatre with my other two Dinner Theatre Musketeers for the last time

88. I began standing up for myself and stopped letting people walk all over me

89. I learned that my happiness doesn't depend on anyone but myself

90. I ended the year with someone who is a true blessing in my life

91. I began having a relationship with my little brother

92. I learned what's truly important to me

93. I became an editor for my school newspaper

94. I became a writer for Odyssey

95. I was on the news for my first article on Odyssey because it literally blew up

96. I got to play in autumn leaves

97. I got my senior pictures done and they turned out amazing

98. I finally received my first laptop and now I really don't get any sleep if I'm being honest

99. I ate clams...like not freezer clams but the real clams that come in a bucket and everything

100. I can finally say that I'm happy with myself and I came to love the person I am