A Time In High School

A Time In High School

School can be a nightmare filled with classes that you have how to handle and news drifting around the hallways about that one class that gives out a lot of homework. In addition to juggling with these challenging courses, you must face the never-ending lectures, piles of homework, and difficult assessments that may create a heavy burden upon your shoulders as the week prolongs. This is one of the stories of my time in a peculiar high school class and how it impacted me.

12

During my senior year of high school, I decided to take AP Physics, a class infamous for being academically demanding. However, I was still determined to take the class and excel. For the first few weeks, the class did not seem too strenuous, and I started to think that everyone who took it in the past was exaggerating. That quickly changed as we reached the dreaded Forces unit, the most cumbersome chapter of the textbook. I told myself it would be fine if I studied an extra hour each day. Unfortunately, the information remained muddled in my mind. I finally decided to stay after school and ask my teacher for some assistance. From going over normal forces to talking about gravity, the information started to make more sense. Now, whenever a future AP Physics student asks me for advice, I tell them about the time I asked for help and succeeded.